MS gravity 560 - temp chart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

windycitysmokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Chicago
Does anyone have a handy chart for temps and meats? Or temps vs standard grill temps?

I’m getting used to this thing. It’s pretty straight forward for smoking but on grilling I never know what temp to set things. Most grill recipes just go low, medium, high or somewhere in between

Well I'm not sure I ever seen a temp chart for grilling but think oven temps/time and have a couple ways to keep track of food temps, then play with grilling temps vs bark vs internal temp , you can cook stuff faster when grilling but may come out dry or tough, I have learned grilling baby back ribs the meat quality really matters a lot when it come to tenderness, write down what you did in a small book and then your comments after you have eaten, don't change every thing the next cook just maybe 1 or 2 things. its hard to duplicate great or bad cooks unless you know what you did , I am bad about forgetting what I done as I don't keep doing it often enuf to burn it into my memory. Have fun, most food comes out good to great imo .

There shouldn't be any special temps. Chicken cooked to 165 in an oven, deep fry or a 560 doesn't care what it's cooked in. A medium rare steak cooked to 135 is still a medium rare steak, makes no difference what it's cooked on

There shouldn't be any special temps. Chicken cooked to 165 in an oven, deep fry or a 560 doesn't care what it's cooked in. A medium rare steak cooked to 135 is still a medium rare steak, makes no difference what it's cooked on

Correct. That’s but there’s a difference in cooking something to a set internal temp with a heat source of 250dg vs 700dg.

I’m more curious, is “grill on medium” similar to grill at 350 or 550, is low 200 or 350, etc.

Correct. That’s but there’s a difference in cooking something to a set internal temp with a heat source of 250dg vs 700dg.

I’m more curious, is “grill on medium” similar to grill at 350 or 550, is low 200 or 350, etc.

Cooking times weren't taken in consideration has nothing to do with internal temps

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky