Mrs Bear’s Little Buddy. (Red Fox)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
nice pics bear, ya better feed him a little more it's looking a little thin. watch that gall bladder buddy, i get those attacks once in a while and they suck, seems it always happens in the middle of the night, usually my own fault for eating to much fatty foods during the day.

Thank You Jim!!
I had it in 2013---Went to Hospital. Stayed overnight & it passed.
They wanted me to have it out. I wanted to go home.
I went home---They said I'll be back real soon.
Nothing until a month ago---Had a couple 15 minute attacks.
This one was 4 hours, about a Week or 2 ago.
These were all about 3 or 4 hours after eating.
And Thanks for the Like.
BTW: Freddie's too lean with Winter coming up.

Bear

Nice pics Bear. Freddie does look a little thin, he may like some Pulled Pork? LOL. Hope the Gall Bladder issue is better. My Wife suffered for years until it got bad enough to have it removed. After removal, she had intermittent pain for about 4 months, then gone. That was almost 30 years ago, and no re occurrence since.

Thank You Mike!!
Mrs Bear had her GB out about a year after my first attack.
Her Pacemaker was worse, as were both hip change-outs.
She's Almost a New Model !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

that is so cool! we had a family or red tail hawks living a block away most of the summer. they were so great o see and hear. we think they moved on :(.

being able to see wildlife from your home is priceless!

Thank You Sandy!!

Bear

Bear thanks for sharing. Lifes simple pleasures are the best.

RG

Thanks RG !!

Bear

Great pics Bear! Only question I have is do you get more enjoyment from watching Freddie or from watching Mrs Bear and her enjoyment feeding Freddie?

Ryan

I think the wife-pleasing answer here is "both, because they're both foxes....":emoji_sunglasses:

That's a lean-looking fox, though. I think he might need some more fat and gristle and may be a bit more to get through winter, Bearcarver.
Amazing to see a fox come so close to the house. When I was growing up, I'd sometimes see a fox on our front lawn early in the mornings, but they never approached the house like that. Even a twitch of the curtains would scare them away.

Great pics, John. I can't see any harm in supplementing Freddy's diet. Probably do him more good than harm.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
In my younger days, I used to trap Foxes, and I shot a couple, but now I just enjoy seeing them around. This is the closest I ever got to a live Fox, and it's the first time I realized how Long-Legged they are.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great pics . I get them running thru here now and then . No harm in feeding if you enjoy the company . Like you said , don't be the easy food source .

Thank You Rich!!!
He was on the deck again yesterday, but haven't seen him today yet.

Bear

Red Foxx is pretty common around here. I just watched him last night.

oops wrong Fox

Chris

Yup---just a few years ago, I used to watch Him & Lamont every night, but I haven't seen them for at least 2 years. They're as funny as Our Little Freddie, but not near as Cute.

Bear

I think the wife-pleasing answer here is "both, because they're both foxes....":emoji_sunglasses:

That's a lean-looking fox, though. I think he might need some more fat and gristle and may be a bit more to get through winter, Bearcarver.
Amazing to see a fox come so close to the house. When I was growing up, I'd sometimes see a fox on our front lawn early in the mornings, but they never approached the house like that. Even a twitch of the curtains would scare them away.

Thank You kunseimania!!
LOL---Yup---Both Foxes!!
And Yup---Foxes are usually very Bashful, and at the most you might just get a glimpse of one, unless they're sick. However Freddie seems very healthy except for being lean, but there was 4 of them for a few months, so the food was probably scarce for the 4 of them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dug up a litter out of a hole in our woods when I was about 15. Bottle fed them. Had them in a nice pen and handled them every day. Our vet came to worm our Show horses and saw them. He had a stroke!! Told me to get rid of them ASAP. They can carry rabies. Gave them to the local zoo. They were well taken care of. I went to see them for several years. Just FYI

I have every episode recorded. Watch as much as Andy and Barney! My favorite is Shady Grady!!

Yup---I used to watch them all the time, but none of their reruns have been on my stations for a couple years. Andy & Barney are, but not Fred & Lamont.
My favorite was when George Foreman told Fred, "Your hair is my favorite color--Meat." And Yes, Grady was my favorite regular.

Bear

Dug up a litter out of a hole in our woods when I was about 15. Bottle fed them. Had them in a nice pen and handled them every day. Our vet came to worm our Show horses and saw them. He had a stroke!! Told me to get rid of them ASAP. They can carry rabies. Gave them to the local zoo. They were well taken care of. I went to see them for several years. Just FYI

Great ending!!
We won't be getting that close to Freddy. I told Mrs Bear, if he starts coming toward you, break off & come in the house. We both have lived around wild animals for over 70 years.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky