Mother's Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stlbbq

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 31, 2014
Saint Louis
Is anyone cooking up anything special for Mother's Day this weekend? Any interesting requests from the mothers? My wife has me cooking a bunch of ribs for the family get-together. Looking forward to spending the day outside and working on it.

Damn I wish I was. I work sundays at the family business with my cousin and another cousin of ours daughter. We might do burgers and dogs after or maybe go out haven’t heard yet. Long story short, no cooking for this guy. Just another day at the grind.

Reactions: stlbbq and chopsaw
The wife wants a pulled pork samich with peach bourbon bbq sauce and home made coleslaw and dill pickles! Oh and after a day on the lake fishing……..

Reactions: stlbbq and JLeonard
We are traveling to SIL where she is "grilling" for MIL. Then back to my moms to hang out for a while. Planning a big cook for Memorial Day for my folks.

Jim

Reactions: stlbbq
That sounds like a great day!!
I’m pretty lucky, going fishing is usually my wife’s #1 choice for the day. Will headed to the lake shortly…. Want to get the mug bug pots in the water early as well! Fingers crossed for some sun!

Reactions: stlbbq
I’m pretty lucky, going fishing is usually my wife’s #1 choice for the day. Will headed to the lake shortly…. Want to get the mug bug pots in the water early as well! Fingers crossed for some sun!
You are lucky. My wife enjoys fishing but not enough to spend Mother’s Day doing it! I was lucky enough though that she was fine with me going on a fly fishing trip with the guys for 4 nights earlier in the week.

Reactions: civilsmoker
The road to the launch we like finally opened 6 days ago……. See the remanent reason……
84B0F8E1-C755-4C91-BE54-821191FE2B78.jpeg

Man what a beautiful day in the lake….the water was only 39 degrees so no action, only deep trollers were getting big rainbows….we just got a relaxing day!

Last edited:
Going to make some kabobs for moms day. Using beef, peppers, onions, and zukes. My youngest is dropping by to help put the mower deck on the John Deere.

Us two plus daughter’s family over today. Will have both the RecTeq and Weber going.
Ribs, thighs, and wings.
Roasted potato wedges, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob.
Ice cream with cloned Friendly’s peanut butter sauce.

Nope. I cooked up a mushrooms/chopped chicken thighs/onions/garlic and Trader Giotto's gnocchi dish last night with plenty of leftovers.

But, Happy Mother's Day to those who've earned such a blessed title.

Ray

I went the easy way, took wife out to eat.
You’re a smarter man … 3 proteins (with multiple rubs and sauces) and 3 sides was a bit much without a sous chef (Although I think I saw Michael Symon do that once on Iron Chef).
But a good time nonetheless with wife, daughter, and grandkids.
I‘ll tackle Mt Dishmore tomorrow. 🙈

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky