Mother of all Chuck Roasts 7.12 lbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Was only 196 IT a little after 4am 212 IT at 7am a little over my 205 target but looks, feels, and probes good to me. Foiled, toweled and in cooler until noon or so. Thanks for looking. I had fun with this cook, and love this forum. Learned a lot on here.
49321A61-4516-488B-9396-4CEC00AF9593.jpeg
4B9D1623-ED54-4571-9AD5-6A75294DEA58.jpeg

Gonna be a long night, picked up a 7.12 lb Chuck Roast to smoke today, forgetting I had a Birthday, and a Retirement party to go to. Anyway, that’s all over, just got the Chuck on the Traeger at 7:45 pm figure it’ll be done early morning and I’ll be able to hold it in a cooler until lunch. Dry brined for way longer than it should have. Rubbed with very little salt, a lot of pepper, GP, OP, cumin, cayenne, and smoked paprika. Using Q’Pellets 100%

Wow, may try this next. In UK though that would be double your doubled price, if not more. :/ So worth it though :)))

• Sad
Reactions: negolien
Expensive too!!! Price of beef especially, but meat/fish in general here in Michigan is outrageous. Double or more compared to 2 years ago. View attachment 637782

HAHAHHAHAHA he said that's expensive HHAHAHHAHAHAHHA...

I' am paying $8.99 a lb here in the capital of Commiefornia and it's the cheapest it's been since well I'll just leave that thought there. You should see the price of rib eye or porterhouse. still close to $20 a lb :<(... it really makes baby freakin jesus cry.

all I have to say.jpg

Expensive too!!! Price of beef especially, but meat/fish in general here in Michigan is outrageous. Double or more compared to 2 years ago. View attachment 637782
It's not just Michigan, my friend. It runs a dollar or more over that here. A couple of months ago Meijer had a "Buy one get one half off" sale on chuckies and I jumped on it....
I've never seen one that big :emoji_astonished:

• Sad
Looks delicious! Just bought 2 chuck roasts yesterday...not that big by any means but we're on sale for $3.99 lb.

Ryan

• Wow
I was hoping you would pull it. Looks great. Pulled chuck is so good...takes forever tho. Well worth it.

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky