Morning French Toast (Football Winnings)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Morning French Toast (Football Winnings)

Time to try out one of my winnings from the “Georgia vs Albananas” Football game.
My prediction was the closest of all the guesses, so I won some Great prizes.

One of them was a 12 ounce bottle of “Pop’s Pure Cane Syrup”, from Georgia.
So I battered up a couple slices of French Bread with a mixture of Milk & Egg.
Then into a hot frying pan until it gets looking like I like it—Browned, but not burnt.
Then after plating, I put some butter on both slices, stack them, and pour some Syrup right on top.
I usually pour Vermont Maple Syrup on them, but I had to give this Cane Syrup a try.
I can report that this is pretty darn good stuff !!
I also got a bottle of Poultry Seasoning, but I’m planning on saving most of it for Boneless Turkey Breast. Meanwhile I’ll be trying a little on some Thighs.

And I also won a bottle of Georgia Honey.
The Honey will get its chance before too long, but I'm trying to cut back on my use of bread, which is hard for a guy who eats a lot of Sammies.
Just plain honey on French Bread is my favorite way of eating honey.

So I’d like to Thank Keith 912smoker 912smoker for sending me these 3 tasty items, for getting lucky in that football game prediction.

Bear

One of my 3 prizes for picking the closest score of the Big Game, won by the Bulldogs. Congrats to Georgia!!
IMG_8343.JPG

A couple slices of Multi-national French Toast made in an American Home, with Italian Bread:
IMG_8344.JPG

There's Bear's Breakfast with Pop's Pure Cane Syrup on top:
IMG_8347.JPG

Man thats some good looking Multinational toast right there. Now Im thinking breakfast for supper!
Jim

That is some fine looking Multi National Toast John. We're cutting back on bread and everything as you know. We love French Toast and that's the way we like it, uh huh, lol. Nice work as always.

I’ve never been the biggest fan of French Toast, but that was because I wasn’t introduced to proper French Toast! That looks legit as you can get and I’d eat that all day! Great meal as always!

That's some fine looking toast there Mr Bear and love breakfast....anytime!
Glad you're enjoying the cane syrup and I could take it in an IV......if it wasn't so thick😆. Hopefully you'll like the rest of your prize pack too.
Bread is my weakness and I have a hard time cutting back...especially as much as I like to sop it in syrup!
Enjoy and let me know when you get low since you were the closest and picked GA to win !!

Keith

That’s some nice looking French toast Bear! I could go for some after seeing yours.

Congrats on the win and I’m sure you’ll be putting your winnings to good use. Hey, you get to eat them!

That does look good . I always liked butter on my French toast , but that syrup looks tasty .

Bear, that's just the way I like my French toast, golden brown. Looks good.

Rob

Thank You Rob!!
I don't eat it often, but I love it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear , looks good, I too am trying to cut back on the bread. Easy to say but hard to do !

Thank You CM!!
Years ago I got a Bread Machine, but I put it away, because though I loved making bread, I loved the smell & taste even more. That was about 10 years ago!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love French toast Bear, I'll give that effort a A-. It would have been a A+ with a couple of slices of bacon! RAY

For those of ya lookin' to cut down on bread try using whole wheat for most of your bread needs and then splurge with French, Italian, Texas toast, and the like for special occasions. Whole wheat will cut down on your glycemic index a bit not to mention the added fiber is good for ya.

Last edited:
That is some fine looking Multi National Toast John. We're cutting back on bread and everything as you know. We love French Toast and that's the way we like it, uh huh, lol. Nice work as always.

Thank You Mike!!
Yup--It seems everything that's good is Bad!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I’ve never been the biggest fan of French Toast, but that was because I wasn’t introduced to proper French Toast! That looks legit as you can get and I’d eat that all day! Great meal as always!

That's very Kind of you, Jed!!
And Thanks for the Like, too.

Bear

That's some fine looking toast there Mr Bear and love breakfast....anytime!
Glad you're enjoying the cane syrup and I could take it in an IV......if it wasn't so thick😆. Hopefully you'll like the rest of your prize pack too.
Bread is my weakness and I have a hard time cutting back...especially as much as I like to sop it in syrup!
Enjoy and let me know when you get low since you were the closest and picked GA to win !!

Keith

Thank You Keith!!
I'm good for a long time, as I don't use these things often.
I will enjoy them though---Thanks Again!
And for the Like too.

Bear

Now that a tasty looking French Toast

Thank You Brian!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: 912smoker
That’s some nice looking French toast Bear! I could go for some after seeing yours.

Congrats on the win and I’m sure you’ll be putting your winnings to good use. Hey, you get to eat them!

Thank You Xray!!!
Yup---Pretty good tasting Winnings!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That does look good . I always liked butter on my French toast , but that syrup looks tasty .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---Always Butter, but I like some syrup too.
I don't like to drown it, but enough to wet it real good.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky