More WSM mods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
A couple more mods I did yesterday to my newly acquired old WSM18

Not sure if I want to use the stock charcoal chamber due to it's size, so I whipped together this 12" diameter chamber out of some expanded steel I had laying around in the shop. If I don't end up using it,,,,,no biggy.
IMG_1224.JPG

Showing the difference in size:
IMG_1222.JPG

Also as you can see, I stacked the old charcoal grate on top of a new one, turning it 90*. Noticed the old grate had pretty big openings on each side, so I added some extra steel rod to fill the void to help prevent charcoal from falling down through. You can see the newly welded steel rod on both the left and right side in this pic:
IMG_1217.JPG

Added some high temp cloth tape to the access door
IMG_1223.JPG

Last edited:
Craig nice I made 2 different sizes for mine also,I attached a grating to each one.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky