More Utopenci

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
Making another batch of Utopenci. This time with about 4 pounds of homemade Vienna's. Lots of garlic, some small onions, Anaheim and habanero.
IMG_20190203_143634476.jpg

All ready for a long nap in the fridge. See you in two weeks little sausages.
IMG_20190203_145320185.jpg

It's a Czech pickled sausage. Mine is kind of the lazy man's version. Allspice, peppercorns, coriander, mustard seeds, and bay leaves in mine.

Can't say I've ever eaten or heard of them, but they look like their gonna be real good.

Point for sure.
Chris

What kind of sausage are you using, looks very good.

Cal

Sorry I should have read your OP better, I have never tried making
Vienna sausage before, what spices do you use?

Thanks, I have made pickled sausage before but never really hit on what type of
sausage to use. I will try a Vienna sausage it looks like it might work very well in
a pickle brine.

Cal

Looks good to me. I've not thought of making my own Vienas for Utopenci. I usually just use store bought kielbasa. But now you've got me thinking...

Yes. I like to steam them so they sweat out some water and have extra room for brine uptake. That's my theory any way.

I usually just use store bought kielbasa. But now you've got me thinking...
That's what I had always used and I was never totally happy with the result. I decided to try these once upon a time and have really liked how the have turned out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky