More Friends, More Dino Ribs (Lotsa Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Eat, Drink and be Mary.

Oh wait, that's the Woke version.

Slurp margaritas in the pool, eat like a King and enjoy y'alls company.
Hell Yeah!
I was kinda wondering about being Mary. I'm not cut from that cloth :emoji_laughing: Now the margaritas, pool, friends, and food...that's my kinda cloth :emoji_wink: Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Robert

Morning Robert,
Somehow this one slipped by me.
And as usual a beautiful cook/smoke
We also do lots of cool down sides in this weather.
Thanks so much for the kind words David. I will always try to work in some sort of a cool element with meals. A lot of times it's just a salad but it's nice to mix things up with different sides...especially cool ones when the temps are well into the triple digits.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks yummy as usual and lucky you on the rain, it missed us!
Very much appreciate it. Unfortunately the rain was all too short lived. We need about 2 months straight of it to get the lake back up. It takes 2" of rain in the Colorado River Valley northwest of us to raise the lake 1 foot. That means we need over 8 feet of rain for the lake to be completely full. That's a bunch!!

Robert

A little late to the party Robert, but boy do those ribs look fabulous. Nicely done
Not ta thing in the world wrong with being fashionable late Chris. The important thing is that you made it to the party...beer pole and all :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Nice dino bones. I need to search out that street corn.
Finally getting around to replying. Hopefully you'll get this:

½ t lime juice
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T mayonnaise
¼ t chipotle powder
¼ t kosher salt
¼ t freshly ground black pepper
1 can whole kernel corn (recommend 4 ears roasted or grilled)
1) 15 oz. can black beans well rinsed
¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
4 oz cotija cheese crumbled
1 jalapeno chopped, stems and seeds removed

Mix all together and put in fridge to cool and for flavors to marry

I tend to use considerably more chipotle and black pepper, but a bit less lime juice. This has become a huge hit around here.

Robert

Late to the party too. I was actually flossing my tooth. Anyways, great looking beef ribs!
Keeping that tooth clean is important so you're excused for being late :emoji_laughing: I do appreciate the kind words about the meal though. Thank you.

Robert

½ t lime juice
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T mayonnaise
¼ t chipotle powder
¼ t kosher salt
¼ t freshly ground black pepper
1 can whole kernel corn (recommend 4 ears roasted or grilled)
1) 15 oz. can black beans well rinsed
¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
4 oz cotija cheese crumbled
1 jalapeno chopped, stems and seeds removed

Mix all together and put in fridge to cool and for flavors to marry

I tend to use considerably more chipotle and black pepper, but a bit less lime juice. This has become a huge hit around here.

Robert

Mexican Street Corn off the cob

Pretty close to what mine was but I baked mine With Mozza and added browned chorizo
and I love the Cotija Cheese

David
19.JPG 22.JPG 24.JPG

Robert
Many thanks!
Hope the produce guy at work still has fresh corn comin in tomorrow. Found a new butcher this week that keeps tri tip and hanger steaks in stock. Cain't wait to try this.

Many thanks!
Hope the produce guy at work still has fresh corn comin in tomorrow. Found a new butcher this week that keeps tri tip and hanger steaks in stock. Cain't wait to try this.
You are more than welcome. Hope all comes out as you'd like it to and please show us what you come up with. We love pics :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Mexican Street Corn off the cob

Pretty close to what mine was but I baked mine With Mozza and added browned chorizo
and I love the Cotija Cheese
David, that sounds outstanding!! I love the idea of the chorizo and cheese. I'd probably use Monterrey Jack versus mozz, but the concept sounds amazing. I could actually see that being a full meal as opposed to just a side dish.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice cool Robert! That smoker you built is a real deal cooker!
Thanks you sir!! I'm loving that smoker. It is getting used more often than any other other smoker I've owned. Such a dream to cook on and so easy to use. Heck, the way it's set up, I can use it as an oven also and have been using it instead of firing up the one in the house if something needs to be baked.

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thanks you sir!! I'm loving that smoker. It is getting used more often than any other other smoker I've owned. Such a dream to cook on and so easy to use. Heck, the way it's set up, I can use it as an oven also and have been using it instead of firing up the one in the house if something needs to be baked.

Robert
That’s a nice option to us an outside oven over and inside one when it’s toasty outside!

My honey do list is so long I think it will be till next fall before I can get to working on my new concept smoker that will replace the copper pot....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky