More Dinos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ringer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2019
Chickamauga, GA
I needed to test my mes 30 and auber pid setup so I did that today. This is kind of a cross post but hey who doesn't love food pics...lol

Anyway I smoked these at 265 until they hit 203 degrees. I used the kingsford signature blend pellets and an amaze m tube inside the cabinet.

They tasted great to the family. Good smoke but not too much. Very juicy after a 2 hr rest.

Attachments

• 20211102_152119.jpg
    20211102_152119.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211102_171850.jpg
    20211102_171850.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 48
Looks good from here! Nice color. Wish we could get them around here would love to smoke some.
What part of TN are you in?

I got these in Birmingham at piggly wiggly but the butcher said they have them just about anywhere. He said if the store sells short ribs then to just ask the butcher for an uncut rack. I also just saw some this weekend in Publix.

I'm on the tn/ga line.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Thanks for all the comments and likes!

The only thing I can't get figured out on these things is the massively thick membrane on the bottom. I peeled something that resembled a membrane off but they still had it when cooked. Do the pros out there have any tips on removing this prior to cooking?

Reactions: jcam222
I remember seeing my first piggly wiggly after moving to mississippi from calif. Those and waffle house LOL ahh waffle house i have some good drunkin memories of a waffle house in hattiesburg /snicker

Reactions: Ringer
Seems to me that most membranous material kinda melts away, and I never try to remove any membrane on the bottom before cooking. Maybe there's a little left to hold it together. But your ribs look mighty good to me.

The only thing I can't get figured out on these things is the massively thick membrane on the bottom. I peeled something that resembled a membrane off but they still had it when cooked. Do the pros out there have any tips on removing this prior to cooking?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky