Monster bellie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
xrocker.gif

Now I have been making bellie bacon for a while now and I have seen some really good looking bellies in my day. I had a friend tell me that his new fiance really likes my bacon and he doesn't want her to run out. So here's a Benjamin and let me know when you need more. Now with that music to my ears off to the bellie store I go. I get my usual box of bellies marked at 28.38 lbs. Thinking no big deal until I opened the box. There it was a bellie that weighed in at 18.64 lbs. So now thinking I had the bellie section of Hogzilla I went into curing mode. I'll see you folks in about 10 days when it's time to smoke theses bellies. I can't wait myself for a huge BLT with alot of B

Now I didn't take a longways picture but it was a full 29" long too and just as thick.

Now I'm back to making some sausage. I'm making about 42lbs of different kinds. I will have 12lbs of venison Summer Sausage, 10lbs of venison Breakfast Sausage, 12lbs of  venison bratwurst, 6lbs of wild boar Salami Sausage, and then some bacon out of some of the bigger hunks of wild boar. So I'll keep all of you folks in the loop so hang on till later. Mark 

18.64 pounds!!!!!

That really is from Hogzilla!

The biggest one I ever got was 13 pounds (without the skin).

Can't wait to see this post, Mark.

I'll be here!

Bear

I'd hate to run up against a hog that size belly came frome in the briars

That's a huge belly!!!!!!!!!!

Dang Mark

That is one heck of a belly for sure - gonna be fun to watch this one

icon_cool.gif

I'm just gonna cure it and cold smoke as I always do. This one is going to the  FLA Gathering along with another most likely smaller bellie too. I'll see you all there. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky