• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Monster bellie

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now I have been making bellie bacon for a while now and I have seen some really good looking bellies in my day. I had a friend tell me that his new fiance really likes my bacon and he doesn't want her to run out. So here's a Benjamin and let me know when you need more. Now with that music to my ears off to the bellie store I go. I get my usual box of bellies marked at 28.38 lbs. Thinking no big deal until I opened the box. There it was a bellie that weighed in at 18.64 lbs. So now thinking I had the bellie section of Hogzilla I went into curing mode. I'll see you folks in about 10 days when it's time to smoke theses bellies. I can't wait myself for a huge BLT with alot of B

Now I didn't take a longways picture but it was a full 29" long too and just as thick.

Now I'm back to making some sausage. I'm making about 42lbs of different kinds. I will have 12lbs of venison Summer Sausage, 10lbs of venison Breakfast Sausage, 12lbs of  venison bratwurst, 6lbs of wild boar Salami Sausage, and then some bacon out of some of the bigger hunks of wild boar. So I'll keep all of you folks in the loop so hang on till later. Mark 

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
18.64 pounds!!!!!

That really is from Hogzilla!

The biggest one I ever got was 13 pounds (without the skin).

Can't wait to see this post, Mark.

I'll be here!

Bear

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Mark, Does it have the skin on?

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Man that's a biggin. 3 inch wide strips of bacon. Oh yeah. I'll be watching this one.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Now that's a big ol belly for sure there Mark. Can't wait to see it smoked up!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I'd hate to run up against a hog that size belly came frome in the briars

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
That's a huge belly!!!!!!!!!!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Keep us posted Mark, that's a honker of a bellie you got there.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Dang Mark

That is one heck of a belly for sure - gonna be fun to watch this one

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I'm just gonna cure it and cold smoke as I always do. This one is going to the  FLA Gathering along with another most likely smaller bellie too. I'll see you all there. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.