Money Muscle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erik

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Belleville, MI
Ok, I've heard the term, "Money Muscle" for the best part of a pork shoulder. So, where is this at and how do I get to it?

So the money muscle is just that little chunk of meat at the end of a butt ha. Interesting.

Here is a question I have been meaning to ask!

Tuffy talked about it quite a bit as well. I looks like they pull most the pork, and then cut slices of the money muscle and include both in their turn-in box.

Looking forward to trying it out

man, i have found those before and i had no idea what they were but when i did.......everything stops and i enjoy a "moment of luxury". it is findings like those in the culinary world that are unmached by any other experiance!

Reactions: jokensmoken
My money muscle has been turning to mush because it's overcooked. It's overcooked because I go for 195 degrees on my butt and the money muscle should only go to 180. How to I keep the muscle form turning to muscle. Should I protect it with foil?

My money muscle has been turning to mush because it's overcooked. It's overcooked because I go for 195 degrees on my butt and the money muscle should only go to 180. How to I keep the muscle form turning to muscle. Should I protect it with foil?
If you're not competing, just cut it off the butt when it gets to about 188°
Competitors will partially seperate the "money muscle" from the butt so they can rub it up...
I dont know how they keep it from over cooking but I just probe it separately and slice it the rest of the way off when done, wrap it loosely in foil and hold it till the rest of the butt is done... it is definetly worth the little bit of extra effort...it really only takes an extra couple minutes.
Walt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky