Monday Morning Brekky!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
After a tough Sunday of football and Bloody Mary's this morning was screaming out for a substantial breakfast. After walking out to the patio for a red & white with some coffee I realized it was way too windy and cold to be fooling around with the flattop. Back inside I began rattling around some pots and pans, poured a little eye-opener. Started off with some homemade maple bacon and a tater pancake. Cookin' slow so as not to burn things up much.
DSCN2719.JPG

Got the bacon and tater pancake done, so far so good!

DSCN2720.JPG

Fried four eggs sunny-side-up in the bacon grease and got a 6oz maple sausage patty going, was working hard!

DSCN2721.JPG

By the time everything came to fruition I was ready to eat!

DSCN2723.JPG

Slathered some hot salsa over the eggs and was made pretty darned happy, toast and jam and a nice glass of juice. After getting the kitchen cleaned up I realized that everything that needed to be accomplished today was done, might just go back to bed for a little nap. Thanks for lookin' in, y'all stay safe! RAY

Looks great Ray. Good way to start the day .
Been eating some good breakfast myself . Daughter got me some coffee flavored bourbon for Christmas .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great gawd Ray!! I'd say that everything for the day was done because by the time you finished that breakfast, you had to have been done :emoji_laughing: If I ate that much for breakfast I'd need to call the paramedics to carry me back to bed for the rest of the day....food coma extreme!!

Robert

Looks like a dang good hangover breakfast to me! Enjoy the nap. Jim

Thanks Jim, not napping yet! It being rainy and cold here it'll be pretty easy to fall asleep in the theatre seat with Bob all cuddled up in my lap, keeps me nice and toasty. Thanks for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great Ray. Good way to start the day . Been eating some good breakfast myself . Daughter got me some coffee flavored bourbon for Christmas .

Thanks Rich. In a way it reminded me of the old cowboy breakfast days, a Camel and a shot of Jack, not like I've got a business meeting to attend to. Thanks for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

Heck of a breakfast Ray! And ya can't drink all day if you don't start early in the morning!

Ryan

Great gawd Ray!! I'd say that everything for the day was done because by the time you finished that breakfast, you had to have been done :emoji_laughing: If I ate that much for breakfast I'd need to call the paramedics to carry me back to bed for the rest of the day....food coma extreme!! Robert

Thank you my friend! The most pressing thing on my agenda today was taking Bob over to the park for his Buns of Steel workout, I knew the moment I stepped outside to get the morning paper that wasn't happening today! Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

"That" is a breakfast of champions Ray. Tasty. . .

Thanks Winterrider Winterrider , no sense having to choose between sausage and bacon, when you make your own there's always plenty of each. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterrider
Heck of a breakfast Ray! And ya can't drink all day if you don't start early in the morning! Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I'm too old to drink all day, and if I tried Jan would be giving me the evil eye. I don't do it very often, but sometimes a little snort on a cold morning kind of brightens up the rest of the day, doesn't hurt the arthritis either! Thanks for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it. RAY

Damn Ray Hallelujah that would make me get out of bed in the morning! That mashed potato pancake looks awesome BTW. Incredible. Can I get an Amen!!!

AMEN, my friend, Amen! Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

OMG Ray that looks amazing !Great wat to start the week !

Thanks, a few years back I liked starting every day like this! Now I've learned self-control. RAY

that looks outstanding Ray

Thanks Jim, turns out it started my day off just right! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Wow!!! What a Breakfast!! Nice Job Ray!! Like. Bear

Thank you John, I'll tell you, it beat the hell out of a bowl of cream of wheat! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

That’s a hell of a breakfast Ray! I need a nap just looking at, now I know how you must of felt after eating. Really digging that potato pancake too!

That is one heck of a Breakfast fit for a King, Ray! I'm fighting the urge to use more colorful metaphors to describe it, lol. Everything about it is great. Very hungry now. Great work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky