Modded my Weber 18" Smokey Mountain Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My FireDial Diffuser plate has arrived.
54077362-FCC6-4725-881A-77765952BEF1.jpeg

Next up:
- ArborFab charcoal ring and basket.
- New high temp gaskets.
- New vents. (Current ones are loose and flimsy)

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Like looking at the mods you've done . Nice work Do you have a propane torch ? Maybe give it some help , or pre heat the plate .
View attachment 515629

yes. I have a propane torch with several canisters in the garage. Great idea on heating up the plate.

I put the plate on today after it got up to temp. No issues. 5 hrs on a rack of ribs and they were tasty.

Reactions: chopsaw
Do you like the lid hinge you installed? I really want to do it but not sure it’s worth the investment and don’t want it to be unsafe with how top heavy it appears to be.. thanks for any input and opinions on this. $65 for a hinge is kind of spendy but beats having to put the lid on the ground and picking up rocks or setting it on something and getting a grease ring on it.. ha

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Do you like the lid hinge you installed? I really want to do it but not sure it’s worth the investment and don’t want it to be unsafe with how top heavy it appears to be.. thanks for any input and opinions on this. $65 for a hinge is kind of spendy but beats having to put the lid on the ground and picking up rocks or setting it on something and getting a grease ring on it.. ha

oh yes. It is worth it. Just make sure when you install it, the hinge is centered between the back two legs. Otherwise it will be top heavy and want to tip over. I highly recommend the base clamps that keep the base and mid-section together as well.

Reactions: Nodak21
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky