MO smokie pics of gear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shmitty

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Northern Missouri
Hey Curtis here

I got into smoking this year and have been by this site many times researching. I got into it by buying some chicken quarters that were on sale; started researching the best way to cook them and decided to give smoking a try. I had picked up a free smoker (pictured below) right before I got out of the Navy someone was just throwing away and had used it to grill on for a couple of years just never had the urge to smoke. 

https://statich.smokingmeatforums.com/0/03/0342afd2_photobucket-1150-1338872257365.jpeg

I noticed my neighbor had 2 trailer mounted smokers sitting outside his place so I figured he had some good smoking experience and may have an idea what was causing my heat problems. He solved my problem but not by fixing my old smoker...

https://statich.smokingmeatforums.com/b/b8/b896eb87_photobucket-27359-1338871998754.jpeg

Hi Curtis! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're glad to have you! So I take it you ditched the little offset for the trailer? That is awesome!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

Curtis welcome to SMF and thank you for your service. Sounds like you found a good deal on that first smoker but hit the jackpot with the trailer mounted rig. Have fun and happy smoking

Updated location!

Free is hard to beat :) 

My firebox vent is in  a bad spot I think I've just been using the ash vent to vent my air for now leaving the current vent barely cracked. He let the trailer go  for 1500 it isn't perfect but an awesome platform to start with! 

Last edited:
Hello Curtis and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - looks like you really scored with the smokers

Thank you for your service 
usa.gif

Welcome to the world of smoking. Now you have a bad habit that will just get worse. I am in Kansas City, glad to another Missorian onboard.
Thanks! I don't live too far from KC north about 90 minutes. It is seeming like a bad habit I after about 5-6 days I get a pretty bad itch to fire it up. One nice thing is whole chickens and pork butts are pretty cheap not like grilling where  you can spend half your weeks pay. 
Hello and welcome to SMF! Nice looking rig you have there!
Thanks! 
Hello Curtis and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - looks like you really scored with the smokers

Thank you for your service 
usa.gif
Was no thing fortunately I was not deployed overseas stayed on east coast. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky