MLB Hot Dogs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
It always seems a shame to have empty space in the box during a smoke.

And, it’s baseball season. We like to have smoked hotdogs when watching a game. So I’ve started to put a couple in during every smoke. I run them to 165, pull them out, vac bag them, and put them into the freezer. On game day, I thaw them out and pop them onto a hot grill for a minute to add some color and bring to temp. They come out looking great and taste freshly smoked. Kind of a reverse sear for hot dogs. Go Giants!

Haven't had dogs in ages but I smoke sausages often and reheat to eat.

I buy them from a local butcher shop. They have one they call “4 in 1” that are large, and oh so tasty. I also like their German sausages. They have some brats are are quite delectable as well.

I like cooking beef hotdogs in beer in a CrockPot, then removing them to the smoker for more flavor and they pick-up a nice red color along with more snap.

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky