Mississippi Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes, Creamy Pepperocini Beef Fat Gravy, and Jalapeno Cornbread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan
Nice looking chuckie, looks mighty tasty.
The recipe is very similar to one of my families favorites we know as Italian beef, the exception is that it isn't smoked ( yes I have thought of smoking it but haven't) and the carrots. We cook it in a crock pot until it falls apart and put it on a hoagie roll.
Im wondering if Steve H's Italian beef recipe is similar.

Thanks! This is traditionally done in a crock pot only it seems. There is a lot going on with the flavor packets that the smoke is a very subdued flavor, but a nice addition IMO. Carrots were added as we had an abundance of them so I figured why not. Some people add potatoes but we decided on the mashed route. Italian beef sounds good too! waiting for Steve to post it up so I can drool over another idea!

Looks great from here and interesting flavor profile. Gotta ask...Does the Vinegar in the peppers and juice mellow? Too sharp would not fly here. THANKS...JJ

Thanks Chef! It definitely is knocked back some. The ranch and Au Jus are pretty strong. There is still a little tang to the juice but balances with some sweetness. Guess you could omit the pepper juice and use some stock or broth for the liquid. Low sodium of course would be ideal.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky