Missed Tri Tip Sunday......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Yesterday seemed like a Tri Tip holiday with all the posts. I had burgers but thawed a TT for today. Buddy made me some of his coffee rub. Not sure what's all in it but sure is delicious

Here it is rubbed down while the smoker is coming up to 225. Used pecan
IMG_20200817_175330.jpg

Onto the smoker for around an hour 20min
IMG_20200817_175538.jpg

After it hit 120 I opened the flame and gave it a good sear
IMG_20200817_192250.jpg

Hit 130ish and pulled off to rest
IMG_20200817_193742~2.jpg

Sliced after 10min
IMG_20200817_194251.jpg

And my plate with a baked tater with garlic butter and habanero cheese
IMG_20200817_194630~2.jpg

Turned out pretty tasty

That looks great. What seasoning?

Edit. Nevermind. I reread it. I have used a coffee rub and it was very good.

Looks great Jake! I love coffee in ribs for beef. Often I’ll just use SPOG and then dust with fine ground espresso.

Looks great Jake. Perfectly cooked. I haven't seen TT here in Ga. Wanting to try it. May have to check local Butcher shops. Coffee Rub sounds interesting.

Looks great Jake. Perfectly cooked. I haven't seen TT here in Ga. Wanting to try it. May have to check local Butcher shops. Coffee Rub sounds interesting.
Thanks bud. My Sam's club has a pretty steady supply. A few other places also. A good butcher shop will likely have them. You can get them shipped from Porter road butcher online. They are in Nashville. Will be dry aged and more expensive but worth it

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks good jake! And yep "never have I ever"...cooked a TT! I know I know.. I need to get on that! Lol!. Also the garlic potato with habanero cheese sounds awsome!

Looks good jake! And yep "never have I ever"...cooked a TT! I know I know.. I need to get on that! Lol!. Also the garlic potato with habanero cheese sounds awsome!
Thanks Travis. Yes get on it. I can get a Tri Tip to you if need be

Nice looking hunk of Beef. If waiting to restock my supply Yeungling Lager and then I can Smoke my first TT EVER. Looking forward to the adventure. May try burning only wood, California Style...JJ

That's a fine looking meal there Jake!! Nice job buddy. That TT would have been perfect here: some parts cooked to my liking and some the way Tracy likes it. I just ordered two yesterday that will be here tomorrow. Was gonna spin one Sunday but realized I'd run out so had to improvise.

Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Very nice TT Jake! I’m going to do one next week when I’m off. I’m thinking of using the coffee rub again too.

That baked potato sounds awesome with the garlic and hab cheese. Thanks for making me this hungry in the morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky