Mexican Seasoned Pork Loin Chops W/ Chipotle Cream Sauce (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
First off I need to apologize to all my SMF friends. I took on another massive yard project that has been all-consuming the past few weeks. I've barely had time to drop in here and read a couple threads let alone do much in the way of responding. I know I've missed a ton of great stuff and there's no way to catch up on everything. I think I'm finally done with big projects for this year.....maybe :emoji_wink:

So the other day I was hanging out in the pool with my customary afternoon adult libation and thinking about dinner. Decided I wanted to do something Mexican themed with pork but couldn't think how I wanted to season the meat. All of a sudden it hit me that with all the different spice mixes I've put together, I had nothing even close to a Mexican oriented rub. That needed to change so on my next beer run to the house I whipped up a batch...and OMG is it ever good!!

The pork chops defrosted and slightly trimmed
020_Fotogenic.jpg

Hit them gently with the jaccard and sprinkle on some of the seasoning I just put together. This stuff has a really bold flavor so start with caution till you get amounts dialed in.
021_Fotogenic.jpg

Onto the grill at medium heat, about 800 degrees
022.jpg

The chipotle cream sauce
019_Fotogenic.jpg

Pork chop with the cream sauce, queso fresco, and some cilantro. Plated with some Mexican rice and a really nice guacamole salad that Tracy made
028_Fotogenic.jpg

That seasoning and the cream sauce were outstanding!! This was a top shelf meal with some very deep, rich, authentic flavors and it was all original. That's the type of stuff I love doing. Here is the recipe for the spice mix. there's a lot in it but the depth and complexity are well worth all of the ingredients:

1 T kosher salt
1/2 t oregano (preferably Mexican)
1 T garlic powder
1 t black pepper
1//2 t chipotle powder
1 T arbol powder
1 1/2 T pasilla powder
1 T ancho powder
1 T guajillo powder
1 T granulated onion
1/2 T chili powder

Now this has a bit of a tingle to it so if you think it might a bit more spice than you'd like, you can back off with the arbol. That's really the only thing that brings any heat. The rest of them are just a great combination of flavors.

The chipotle cream sauce was made with the Chipotle Morita Chili paste I received from our friend Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ). As is typical I didn't measure anything but here is the list of ingredients:

Heavy cream
Vegetable broth
Chipotle Morita Chili paste
Better Than Bouillon vegetable base
Black pepper
Pasilla powder
EDIT: Corn starch as a thickener

Simple stuff but man oh man does it bring the flavor. This is the second time I've made this and it continues to amaze both of us and really brings a LOT to the party. It's fast turned into a favorite for us and I can see lots of different ways to utilize it with other meals. Oh well, gonna call this one done. Y'all stay safe and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Robert

Last edited:
That looks and smells incredible Robert. That spice combination is bold, but delicious on pork. Only thing I’m missing is a lime wedge, but that’s me. That cream sauce really puts it over the top. Excellent work sir.

From where I'm sitting it appears you hit another one out of the park Robert, beautiful effort! I've now got this bookmarked, thanks for posting the recipes, I can use both. RAY

Man that sounds real good Robert ! I'm going to try out that spice mix on something..... Maybe in the next couple weeks for a taco Tuesday... Beautiful plate!!

Nice, Robert! Because of you I've become something of a regular at the Mercados searching for spices.
By the way, I have a batch of your Ranchero in the freezer just waiting for the inclination....

Outstanding, Robert!
Love your posts. Very, very inspiring.
Many thanks for the recipe.

Looks good Robert . I've been wanting to do some chops .

🤔

Ok, I see the irony but here's the reality...or at least my pitiful excuse for justification :emoji_wink: You spend 8-9 hours a day for the better part of 3 weeks working in triple digit temps on a project for somebody else, you've earned the right to chill out for a few minutes in the afternoon. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! :emoji_astonished:

That looks and smells incredible Robert. That spice combination is bold, but delicious on pork. Only thing I’m missing is a lime wedge, but that’s me. That cream sauce really puts it over the top. Excellent work sir.

Thanks so much for the kind words. The spice mix is really good but oh boy, that cream sauce is outstanding.

From where I'm sitting it appears you hit another one out of the park Robert, beautiful effort! I've now got this bookmarked, thanks for posting the recipes, I can use both. RAY

Very much appreciate it my friend. This was actually another pretty simple meal and didn't take a lot of time. The fact that you bookmarked it is quite a compliment.

Robert

Man that sounds real good Robert ! I'm going to try out that spice mix on something..... Maybe in the next couple weeks for a taco Tuesday... Beautiful plate!!

Thanks Travis!! I actually have a spice mix that I put together a couple years ago specifically for tacos. Several people here are now using it and I've gotten some nice feedback on it. I'll happily share the recipe if you'd like.

Looks great Robert

Appreciate it Jim.

If that tastes as good as it looks, WOW!

Truth be told, it tastes far better than it looks. I wasn't a big fan of the presentation but posted it to share the spice mix and the cream sauce.

Robert

Nice, Robert! Because of you I've become something of a regular at the Mercados searching for spices.
By the way, I have a batch of your Ranchero in the freezer just waiting for the inclination....

Thanks you sir. That's quite an honor...both statements. We love Mexican food and I'm on a perpetual quest to come up with new stuff so we aren't eating tacos and fajitas all the time.

Mighty nice chow Robert! I'm making that spice blend asap!

Thanks my friend. You may want to add some cayenne or possibly up the arbol amount being that you really like spicy stuff. I may do that after playing around with this batch for a bit. I can honestly see using that spice mix to make a Mexican themed gravy...surprise surprise :emoji_wink:

Wow a strong come back after your vacation. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing: (honey does)

Well Warren, it wasn't actually a vacation. More like a forced absence due to somebody taking advantage of slave labor from their husband :emoji_laughing: In all honesty though, this project was actually my idea. I just tossed it out there to Tracy and she saw to it that the project came to fruition immediately. I was kinda hoping to wait till the weather cooled down a bit but NOPE!!

Robert

That looks great Robert! Thanks for sharing the recipes with us! And good to hear from you again!

Thanks so much Ryan and you're more than welcome. You know that's what the forum is all about. This is where I've learned from others so it's only fair to give back.

Outstanding, Robert!
Love your posts. Very, very inspiring.
Many thanks for the recipe.

Thank you so much Colin. I truly appreciate the kind words. It means a lot to me.

Robert

Robert !! , and again a winning cook and thanks for the how do's.

The pool must be filled with dream water as you seem to come up with some very nice ideas... or is it what's in the tall glass as you float around the pool.

Whatever, looks great and sounds like a great combo of flavors

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky