Metal cutters "HELP"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

exhaustedspark

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Springdale Washington
[h1]I have 2 water pressure tanks. Both are 22 in. across. [/h1][h1]I tried to cut the small one using a Sawzall however i do not like the cut line.[/h1]
Not even enough.  What would you recommend for cutting. I am thinking of taking it to a welding shop and having them use a cutting torch or large band saw or etc etc????????

I hope to turn them in to something like the Weber smokers. One short for grilling and one tall for Smoking.

Karl

A cutting torch probably will give you a jagged edge also. The band saw will work if it's big enough. I would for a metal fab shop instead, they would probably have the right equipment. 

Last edited:
Yes they do. Stop by your local welding supply. They have LOTS of neat stuff.

I think when using a skill saw, I think you have to pull the saw toward you when cutting metal. NOT sure. Talk to the guys a the shop to get the true skinny.

If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, they sell cutoff discs to fit skillsaws. Works pretty good, but louder than hell. Wear ear and eye protection, and long sleeves, the sparks are murder. Push it through the metal just like wood. You have to go slow, but will get the job done. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky