MES question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmac5454

Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Had my first smoke today. Did a rack of spare ribs. Turned out nice for a first time.

I'm running an Analog 30" and love the thing.

One "issue" I ran into was maintaining a constant temp. I pulled back the temp multiple times to try and stabilize it in the 225 - 240 range.

After replacing the chips, the temp bottomed out around 180. I turned the dial back to where I assumed it wouldn't push too much over 225 (based on my previous attempts to find the sweet spot) and left the house for an hr.

When I got back home, my Maverick was beeping and I saw the temp had hit 260.

Anyone have any suggestions to better regulate temp? I've read on here that Pebble Gravel and Sand can be put in the water tray - will this help?

Or am I better off running my smoker for a day to determine the temp level of each setting on the dial?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky