• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MES Mailbox Mod! for use with AMNPS

raselkirk

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 17, 2014
Could be from screwing it & unscrewing it between every cook.
I read where they recommend not taking the nozzle off the tank at all, and that's what I've been doing for 10 years. Never had any problems & they're in my unheated garage all Winter & Summer.

Bear
Hmmm, never heard that before! This torch was pretty old, prolly why it leaked all my gas out between uses. A new one should be good for my lifetime...

Russ

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Once I make that connection . I leave it made up until the tanks empty . Never had a problem doing it like that .
Keeps dirt out of the connection , and with more use the pressure in the bottle drops which can cause the valve to leak .

Nice to see the tube burned good for you .

raselkirk

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 17, 2014
Once I make that connection . I leave it made up until the tanks empty . Never had a problem doing it like that .
Keeps dirt out of the connection , and with more use the pressure in the bottle drops which can cause the valve to leak .

Nice to see the tube burned good for you .
Yes, thanks! One of the best mods ever. The electric smoke box had dents all over the shell from my rubber mallet. I'd chip out the creosote buildup yearly, redid the (melted) wiring harness, and replaced the support grid at the bottom. Having to get up every 15 minutes to look for smoke, constantly banging on the sides and using a 2 ft rod to keep the chips from hanging up in the chute got old!

Russ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.