MES 440S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What do you think of the MES 440S

• I FREAKIN' LOVE MINE...BUY IT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP...Get a WSM!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
So, this model has been out a few months. Any owners here have Praise or Warnings to share?
I like the idea of the Rotisserie and Browning Burner at the top, but have to wonder how much of a blessing or fire hazard the wood chunk smoke generator is.
So what are the owners here finding out?...JJ

I don't have this model but a tester for MB said the setting 1 on the chip/chunk burner is for chips and 2-5 are for chunks. The wood sits on the dedicated 150 watt element with a screen under the element to support wood on/around the element and the ash falls through the screen into the removable ash pan. There's a sensor for this burner in close proximity. He caught his burner on fire on his first smoke with chips and needed to replace the fire damaged sensor. He also put an extra nut or something after the fire on the chip/chunk loading door to get it to fit tightly so no air for fire. I guess settings 1-5 for chunks depending on how much smoke is being generated. No news on top broiler element or rotisserie which appears to be good news.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I just watched a video on a MB FB page where the guy was wondering if flames shooting out of his brand new 440 chip/chunck burner was normal. Others mentioned the same but were at setting 2 or 3 vs 1 for chips he was using. He had an Err2 code as well that another person had an he mentioned it was a failed chip burner sensor out of the box. MB is shut down and he can't reach anyone

Thanks. I'm guessing from the responses, this 440S has not been a big seller. Not much on YT either...JJ

MES 440s with Broiler & Rotisserie currently available as package for $400 and i was considering it... i was about to start a new thread, but are you guys saying the pid mod not as easy with this guy if we run into issues?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky