MES 30 Drip pan drain?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
Since this smoker is new to me, the drip pan drains to the outside collection pan, is that necessary?

I was thinking, (that gets me in trouble) does anyone line the drip pan with heavy foil, then install it backwards and remove the juices with a turkey baster from the front of the smoking chamber where it would collect?

Saving the juices of course.

Seems it would save a lot of clean-up?

I've read so many mods but haven't come across this idea yet?

Dave

Since this smoker is new to me, the drip pan drains to the outside collection pan, is that necessary?

I was thinking, (that gets me in trouble) does anyone line the drip pan with heavy foil, then install it backwards and remove the juices with a turkey baster from the front of the smoking chamber where it would collect?

Saving the juices of course.

Seems it would save a lot of clean-up?

I've read so many mods but haven't come across this idea yet?

Dave
Most cover their drip pans (and water pans) with foil, for easy cleanup.

However I don't save any juice from that pan.

I would collect juices from a pan up higher, under the meat.

Then you don't get any sawdust from your AMNS, or ashes from your chip drawer in your juice.

Bear

definantly line the drip pan and the water pan w/ foil.

I'm like bear, If i have roomi put a foil pan in my MES to catch the juices.

Yeah line the drip and water pan. I would think that most of the grease will burn being that close to the heating element on the bottom.

So if you can use a foil pan under you meat to collect the drippings.

I don't use the mes drip pan.

Hard to put the amazen in.

I use an aluminum pan on the bottom shelf.

What misses the pan drips out the bottom.

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky