MES 30 circuit board dead?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

upnorth9986

Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to troubleshoot my MES30 after I replaced the heating element, and I'm still not getting heat to the element. I wanted to verify if I'm testing for voltage correctly and how/where to step it along.
I'm getting no power at the back of the unit where the wiring comes in from the heating element. I opened up the bottom and I have 120v ac coming into what I think is a relay, and 120v ac leaving on the spade connector. From there I tested the other connection that goes to the heating element and I was only getting 10v ac. I'm not confident of what this signifies, or where I should test next.
My other question is could this be a ground issue ( I get an 120v ac reading when I test to the hot coming off the relay and to the back of the smoker- I believe that confirms the ground is good).
Thanks in advance for the help

When plugged in and turned on so only the green power light is on', on my Mes 40 Gen1 I'll get 120vac from the hot heating element connector to ground on the back of the smoker. Nothing on other connectot. .
- Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky