Merry Christmas and first Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miaoreo

Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone... up at 0230 here in NW Arkansas.  DH bought me a Masterbuilt electric smoker for Christmas and I seasoned it yesterday and just started at 6# Venison roast in it!   I have been reading the forum for days trying to learn this process and decided to join in.

I have lots of interests including cooking.  I would not call myself a gourmet cook, more like and 'experimental chef'!    I have 2 grown sons, one of which is an avid hunter who is always bringing me venison and I had yet to find a really good way to cook it.  Then a friend at work brought in some smoked venison, OH BOY!   I saw the light!

Anyway like I said, up at 0230 and got the roast started at 0330.  I had marinated it and added some Stubbs pork rub.  I have a turkey brineing and will start it around 0700.  We should have a great Christmas Dinner!

Glad you joined us miaoreo, congrats on the new MES and :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Don't forget to take some pictures of your smoking and plated pictures are always a bonus!

Last edited:
Howdee Howdee and welcome! When you get a chance click on the "Profile" icon on the above tool bar and tell us a little, but specifically make sure and fill in where on this big rock you lay your head at night. Its always used when discussing or helping because of knowing the weather or even the types BBQ sauce is the standard in that region, or what the hunting and fishing is like. But it won't take but a min and it helps everyone get to know you. Thanks.

I too have a MES in my list of weapons and once you become acclimated to it, you'll either love it or hate it. They are kinda of like the SEC. LOL

Its a pleasure meeting you.

BTW we hope you have a safe and joyous Christmas.

Last edited:
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky