Memorial Day Tenderloin aka the best thing I’ve ever cooked.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Hey all,
I hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day weekend. I did a ton of cooking outside this weekend and planned on doing a multi-meat post. Until tonight.

A few month ago my local Giant had a beef tenderloin on sale for 50% off- about $30- so I grabbed it and stuck it in the freezer. It was a little different than I am used to seeing around the holidays, with the caveat that I never cooked it before. After I thawed it and dried it off it looked like three muscles together- maybe these are the “chain”? Idk. Anyway I separated these three pieces and rubbed them all with different rubs. The smallest got MeatChurch AP, the other small one got MC Holy Cow, and the main tenderloin got Killer Hogs Brisket Rub.

EF75F556-10BF-44F2-81B9-0CD67D2A3A58.jpeg 1D085D6C-13AD-4715-AA2E-F1D2A77E82B8.jpeg

I lit the PBC with B&B lump, hung the two smaller pieces and put the larger price on the rack directly. Cooked until 138 or so and rested for...like 30 seconds.

While the meat was going, I made a balsamic reduction with balsamic vinegar, coconut sugar, butter, and rosemary.

95C9C6A5-69B9-4170-BAAB-D87092B27450.jpeg

Plated it up with corn on the cob and some grilled squash. It was KILLER good. I’m already dreaming about leftovers as I enjoy a nice local bourbon and a Rocky Patel to wind down the night.

4E98A88E-1AD0-4B6B-B106-D5194B28FC04.jpeg
39F7687B-CB4B-4F98-AF34-6F794CD7E117.jpeg

Thanks for looking all.

Looks great!! Sale tenderloin is awesome!! It’s such a tender cut that prime just isn’t necessary. The chain is the long skinny piece that runs the length of the whole piece, it almost separates itself it’s so distinct.

Reactions: JCAP and TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky