Memorial Day Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Hope all having a great day and remember what today is all about.
Did a pork butt and beans for the police officer/friend across the road from me. He keeps his police car parked in the road and we all call him our crime deterrent. And his mean as hell police dog helps that out too.
IMG_1267.jpeg
went to my folks for the day. Did a couple of stuffed pork loins for there.
IMG_1268.jpeg
IMG_1269.jpeg
One a take on a Cuban sandwich. Butterflied with a mustard honey sauce and ham.
The other is jalapeño poppers type. Cream cheese cheddar cheese jalapeño stuffing. They ain’t pretty but they ate good. And tried DRKsmoking DRKsmoking potato bombs. Gotta work on my technique. They ain’t as pretty as his but the folks loved them.
IMG_1270.jpeg

Jim

That's a couple of great looking cooks Jim! Think I'll add potato bomb squad to my list of duties to take care of!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice eats Jim… awesome gestures all the way around taking care of the folks and law enforcement!

I know this redneck would have dove in head first…

76568FAB-A534-4CEB-8BED-63E860CA5455.gif

Looks good Jim. Our old neighbor was a K9 officer, and his police dog and one of ours got into a nasty turf war one day. My wolf-hybrid got the better of his Sheppard, but it wasn't pretty.

Point for sure
Chris

All looks great Jim but I especially like the stuffed loin. It’s something on my list to try thst I keep putting off. I need to get on it.

Looks good Jim. Our old neighbor was a K9 officer, and his police dog and one of ours got into a nasty turf war one day. My wolf-hybrid got the better of his Sheppard, but it wasn't pretty.

Point for sure
Chris
He has a police dog for work. And has a Shepard as a pet. My wifes chihuahua (with the attitude of a pitbull) bolted out the door one day and proceeded to bow up on the Shepard in his own yard. Needless to say, $400 in surgery bills for Highway later he still hasnt learned his lesson. Still wants to go after the Shepard.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
He has a police dog for work. And has a Shepard as a pet. My wifes chihuahua (with the attitude of a pitbull) bolted out the door one day and proceeded to bow up on the Shepard in his own yard. Needless to say, $400 in surgery bills for Highway later he still hasnt learned his lesson. Still wants to go after the Shepard.

Jim
5F208372-2CE7-4531-9263-F0AF52BD618D.png
ouch. Those chihuahuas do have spunk.

Fantastic looking bunch of food Jim. Good of you...very good...to take care of your neighbor like that. I have huge respect for law enforcement and military personnel and appreciate what you did. Of course cooking for family is also a very noble thing to do. Kudos my friend!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky