Memorial Day 2015KBB Sale at Big Box Stores

Discussion in 'Woods for Smoking' started by rabbithutch, May 5, 2015.

1. rabbithutch

rabbithutch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Does anyone know if the big box stores will offer the traditional Memorial Day charcoal sales this year - 2015.

I'm getting low and might have to buy some before then, but how much I buy will depend on whether or not these specials are likely to happen.

:sausage:

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. They have had them every year for as long as I can remember. I still have over 100 pounds but I will be buying more.

Happy smoken.

David

3. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

What stores?  I need to stock up for our camping trips. 

4. nptwnsmkr

nptwnsmkr Smoke Blower

Lowes and Home Depot usually have 2-20lb bags at a discounted price for both Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. If i remember correctly its around $10-15, limit two. 

5. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

$10 for 20lbs.  But do they have the large pieces?  The small ones are crappy.

6. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Home Depot just had a "spring black Friday" sale. Two bags of 17.6 lbs for $9.88! They also had the 2x20 bags for the same price...

7. nptwnsmkr

nptwnsmkr Smoke Blower

two 20lb bags of KBB for $10-15 limited to 2 two packs

8. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

I'll post a deal here when I find it.  Others please do the same! 

9. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

Does Kingsford have larger brickets? I find these too small and they burn out quickly. 

10. rabbithutch

I have found the Memorial Day sale on at Wal*Mart in the past in addition to Lowe's and Home Despot.

11. docdog

docdog Newbie

Does anybody know of a store that does similar sales but for lump charcoal?  Specifically for SOCAL.

12. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I get RO lump at Lowes during the regular holiday sales with no limit.

13. welshrarebit

The sale is on! $9.88 for two bags of 18.6 lb. five bag limit at HD and two bag limit at lowes.

The sale starts today and ends on Monday.

14. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

Who has the 2X 20lb bags for $9.98 again?

15. welshrarebit

The ad for lowes has both sizes listed at the same price but says "selection varies by location."

My local HD, when they had their "spring Black Friday" sale, had the smaller bags right by the door and the 2x20 lb bags in the BBQ section for the same price.

I have more than enough to last me for a long time so I won't be getting any until at least Labor Day...

16. rabbithutch

The Memorial Day flyers in the newspaper for both Lowes and HD have come out without any mention of special sale prices on KBB. I'm going to drop in this PM just to see if they have the pallets loaded.

17. I have been to 5-6 Lowes and Home Depots this week. (With my job I end up at one or the other at least three times a week) Both have the two fer sale but I have not seen any 20 pound bags, just 18.6.

18. mummel

mummel Master of the Pit

Here check the Lowes website:

19. rabbithutch

Yep, the bags are 2x18lbs. HD and Lowes have them for just shy of a sawbuck. WalMartian had them for just shy of $15. I didn't see any limit signs on the pallets but I stopped at 2 at each store. I'll probably go back this weekend and stock up for my SIL. 144 lbs will last me 'til Labor Day . . . I think.