Memorial Day 2012 pork butts and loin (with q-view of course)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 22, 2008
Marble Falls, AR
Hello fellow smokers... It's been a while since I've been able to post anything. Life has been getting in the way of fun. I did however carve out some time last weekend to smoke up a couple of butts and a loin.

For one of the butts I decided to ramp up the flavor by adding some veg to the smoke. After trying it, I can tell you, I will forever poke some japs in my butt. (ha ha) That was awesome. However, I didn't think the onion or the garlic added much. It didn't really take away anything either. I just couldn't really taste it. The jap flavor was awesome though. Not spicy. I mean.. kid friendly even. But, just another layer of flavor that IMO is totally worth it.

Oh... A cooking note. I took them to 206 and 204. I thought that was to much. Next time I think I'll stop at 195.

Sorry the pics aren't all that great. The wife had the camera so I had to take these with my phone. I almost forgot to take pics of the loin all together.

The sauce pic.. well, my family expects me to show up to BBQ's now with sauce they can take home. It's getting kind of expensive but it warms my heart they life it so much.

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/fdharp/Memorial Day 2012/

Do you make the Sauce or have to purchase all that? The Pig looks good...JJ

Hey Dog... I didn't inject the loins. I've found that pulling them at 145 they are tender and juicy as is. For this cut, I want the pork flavor to really come through. 

Thanks Husker. 

Jimmy, that is all homemade sauce. Store bought would be way cheaper but IMHO.... not as good. :o) I've got 6 recipes I've been working on for a while now. A couple I think are done but most still have need tweaked until I'm happy with them. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky