Member Photo Galleries - Feedback Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Meowey was having the same problem however, once he created an album, the error message went away.

Click on My Photos at top left to create an album.. then upload your image(s) to that album.

Report back to let me know if this fixes it.

Ok..Did as Meowey suggested...created an album first...then uploaded the same pic as I tried before without any problem...Thanks Meowey....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

In the words of Johnny Otis, "Cool as a cucumber sitting on a barbed wire fence, picking his teeth with a crowbar". Congrats Jeff, very user friendly, a very fitting software for the application.

Well.. I think it's a good start
icon_confused.gif

Please notice that I have added the Gallery link to the top Navbar and removed the FAQ link which is not being used at this time.

Please continue to let me know if you run into any problems or see any error messages.

Jeff and others,

I am able to link gallery photos in to a post by manually generating IMG code.

Wrap the direct link generated by the photo gallery in
b]

Please see test post of mine http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7881 for an example.

The photo gallery is generating HTML code and Direct code. Near the bottom of the advanced editor page is says that HTML code is off. Is that a per user setting or system wide? Can HTML code be turned on, and would it address this issue.

Will the gallery eventually be generating
type code?

Thanks for all you do!

Meowey

We will not be turning on html code simply because it is too much of a security risk however, you can grab the Direct Link you saw below the image by highlighting it and hitting Control + c or right click and select "Copy".

Go back to the post and hit the first image button in the toolbar above (the yellow one in the bottom row that looks like a mountain scene)

Highlight over the "http://" part in the box that pops up and Paste in the code you copied earlier by hitting Control + v or Right click and select "Paste".

That should automatically wrap your link in the correct code for showing images within the post.

I will most likely be changing the "Direct Link" code soon to be thumbnails within the post to save on bandwidth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky