• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Medical day off cook

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Pulled them around 200-203. Forgot to get a pulled picture as wife/life saver got home and things were a bit crazy.
20250423_194344.jpg
forgot
20250423_194340.jpg
 
Great looking chucks.
... Forgot to get a pulled picture as wife/life saver got home and things were a bit crazy. forgot
You're supposed to be resting with leg elevated?
Yeah I don't listen well either. I was on a ladder the day after knee surgery.
 
Hoping for a quick recovery and those Chucks look Awesome!!
 
@Fueling Around funny they never said anything about staying off it or elevating it??? Seemed weird to me but I even asked my wife if I missed that. Nope. I'll have to research that.
EDIT: Quick internet search and elevating is more for pain relief it said. Pain isn't that bad, feels like a pulled muscle. Keep that in mind people swollen and slightly sore can be a clot too. Guess how I know?
 
What a wonderful gesture on your part! I’m sure the appreciation was great with the fixings 👏🏻
 
And after these savages got to it, there is enough for maybe one sandwich left. Didn't look at good today picture today. Never looks good cold. Everyone seemed happy. Even the vegetarian in the office said it smelled good. I'll take that.
 
Clots are serious business. Son, 24, got some and did the ER thing too, after asking everyone and doing google-foo. Don't be as 'tarded as him.


Hope the meats came out well.
 
Clots are serious business. Son, 24, got some and did the ER thing too, after asking everyone and doing google-foo. Don't be as 'tarded as him.


Hope the meats came out well.
I am doing what the doctor tells me to. I am doing everything I can to not go back to the ER and play this one right.
 
Tom- Great looking cook, I hope all goes well with the medical issues.

- Jason
 
It's very strange. They have me blood thinners and basically said if your chest hurts come back. No restricting basically just try not to bleed.
 
Really, that was their answer.

Monas cousin ( very close ) last year was having chest pains , went to the DR. and he said just anxiety, you will be fine . But if you have more come back into the hospital.
Later that evening he did not make the drive back to the hospital. Pass in the car with his wife trying to get there as quick as she could.

Sorry , kind of went off there.

Be careful.

David
 
Really, that was their answer.

Monas cousin ( very close ) last year was having chest pains , went to the DR. and he said just anxiety, you will be fine . But if you have more come back into the hospital.
Later that evening he did not make the drive back to the hospital. Pass in the car with his wife trying to get there as quick as she could.

Sorry , kind of went off there.

Be careful.

David
Yes sir this is still in my leg so far and hope it stays there and goes away.
 
Last edited:
I hope all is well with you in the next week. If you are going to do this again make a batch and share it with the medical staff that helped you get thru this. I bet they will appreciate it more than your coworkers.
 
Was in the ER until pretty late last night so I took today off to recover and get phones made/ prescription picked up etc. Oh yeah appearantly I have a blood clot in my calf. I decided to cook up a little something for the people at work covering for me. Grabbed a couple chuckies. One is Kinders Prime and one is Kinders Brazilian.View attachment 717134View attachment 717135
The chuckies sound like a pretty good way to thank the people covering for you though, especially with two different Kinders to choose from.
 
The chuckies sound like a pretty good way to thank the people covering for you though, especially with two different Kinders to choose from.
Yes indeed. Everyone did enjoy it. Except the vegetarian in the office, forgot about her buy she did say she enjoyed the smell.
 
Honestly the leg is a little sore but that's about it. I didn't do anything that i recall a sore calf but she who is in charge nagged me enough to go to urgent care. That led to the ER. Glad she did.
I have one of those, too! "She Who Must Be Obeyed". I wouldn't have it any other way, having been down the road with her 51 years now. I'm sure I wouldn't have lived this long without her. :D
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky