Meatloaf and Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dane Wilson

Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Going to make my first attempt at Meatloaf and baked beans in the smoker tonight. Any tips are very much appreciated.

Using a Masterbuilt Electric smoker with apple chips today.

Meatloaf is a mixture of ground beef and sausage, onions, peppers garlic, eggs and breadcrumbs. Seasoned with various rubs and salt and pepper of course.

I have never made baked beans in the smoker so i really have no idea what i am doing with that part, i guess i will just wing it, haha

Wish me luck!

I’ve smoked plenty of meatloafs and even more beans in my mes smokers. I usually like to put my meat over the beans so it catches the drippings. Seeing as how this is meatloaf I’m not sure how much those drippings would add. I usually have a brisket, butt, or ribs above mine.

I do my beans in a big throw away pan and stir once an hour. I like them in the smoker for about 3 hours. I like a nice crust to form on the top at the end.

As far as meat loaf just do your regular meatloaf you’d do in the oven and pull it at the temp your like it at. If you like to add ketchup or bbq sauce for a crust do that the last hour.

Good luck
Scott

I might add, and this is just me, I generally back off some of the bread crumbs. Use as a binder/filler of sorts, but when I use what a regular oven recipe calls for my loafs tend to be on the drier side. Just my $.02. You are sure to nail it.

Reactions: Dane Wilson
The before pictures

Attachments

• 12D8B35D-65E6-411A-A15D-B7F3EB8520D2.jpeg
    12D8B35D-65E6-411A-A15D-B7F3EB8520D2.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: shinny and SonnyE
Finished products. Beans were outstanding, meatloafs needs some tweaking.

Attachments

• 08D7FDB1-7AC6-43BE-AAC2-A61124340999.jpeg
    08D7FDB1-7AC6-43BE-AAC2-A61124340999.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 81
  • B4A5258C-73DC-454E-B2F6-E9784FD847BF.jpeg
    B4A5258C-73DC-454E-B2F6-E9784FD847BF.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: SonnyE and gmc2003
Those loafs and beans look pretty darn good to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

Yeah, give them a shot more or less "as is" for your first run. Make it small if you like, cut the recipe in half or even in quarters. From there tweak it to your liking. I ram the BS, ketchup, and a 3rd ingredient over top of the recipe. The 3rd ingredient being the desire of the day. Spice, BBQ, sulphides, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky