Meateater Made Me Do It!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
points.gif
Great looking wings.Looks like the deflector plate worked.I swear by mine .But my chimney is dead center of my lid.It also keeps spilled water out of fire when i fill the water pan.

Those wings have fantastic color. Bet they were great. One question. Does the lime juice acidity start to cook the chicken at all after soaking for a day?

Or does it make them mushy?
No I didnt think they were mushy at all...but what was interesting was that the lime flavor was strongest in the wing tips! Not sure why...but I dont care!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.I am real happy with them for being the first smoked wings I've done.  Cant wait to try some more.

SOB

Last edited:
No I didnt think they were mushy at all...but what was interesting was that the lime flavor was strongest in the wing tips! Not sure why...but I dont care!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.I am real happy with them for being the first smoked wings I've done.  Cant wait to try some more.

SOB
I noticed that with some of my stuff---stronger flavor at thinner places.

I just figured it's because there's more outside than inside there, so more seasoning per amount of meat, since the seasoning doesn't go inside the meat real deep.

Hope I explained what I mean good enough for somebody other than me to understand.

LOL---I notice it with some of my ribs. My wife takes the thinner pieces, then complains it's too spicy. I tell her to take some thicker pieces, because the inside isn't as hot. The thicker pieces will give you more inside meat. The spicy rub is mostly on the outside.

Blah-Blah-Blah---I'm done !    
biggrin.gif

Bear

what kind of smoker are you using, do you use a wing sauce of is the juice the only, thing, what was your temp they look great

ABSOLUTELY FLIPPIN GORGEOUS.  SOB -> You are my hero.

I want to paint my bathroom that color. Slick, glossy, gorgeous!! Can you imagine that pop-crunch in your teeth? Then the seasoning hits the tip of your tongue, like, WHAM! Your mouth fills with saliva as the salt makes you tingle...

Yeah, I love me some chicken.  ;)

GREAT WORK!! ::applause::

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky