meat thermometer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dennis s

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Kennewick, WA
I have been looking at the Oregon Scientific meat thermometer and was wanting some feed back from you guys that have been using this thermometer. Thanks
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Hi Dennis...which model are you using? I have no experience with oregon scientific, but I'm sure someone will come along who has.

If I had to guess, I'd say the most popular thermometer in use by the members here is probably the Maverick ET-73...comes in very handy with the dual probes.
The advantage to that is you can monitor the smoker temperature at the same time as the meat temperature.

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/MAVE...p/mavet-73.htm

I have a maverick thermo and it works alright but I also have some cheapo ones too. I have always said if you test them regularly and they test fine then they are good to go. Now I have never heard of your Oregan scientific models but I'm not a professional thermo unit user I guess.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky