meat stuffer questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Beaverdam213

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 27, 2019
Oregon
I had a 20lb meat stuffer from Cabela’s...broke it...then a 30lb...and just broke that one. Obviously, the ones fron Cabela’s aren’t made to actually be used. Can anyone recommend a solid meat stuffer? Mechanical is fine. We generally do about 100lbs every three months into meat sticks. summer sausage, brats and breakfast links.

What's breaking on them? I was under the impression Cabela's was a good product. Are they breaking while making sticks? that puts a ton of pressure on the moving parts.

You're pretty hard on equipment. I've had a Cabelas commercial grade 20lb stuffer for 15 years without a glitch, and their vac-sealer for five years. When you spend $1400 for a vac-sealer I'd imagine it'd hold up for at least 300 bags. For hand crank units I know of LEM, Walton, and Weston stuffers. Weston makes Cabelas stuffers, you might want to stay away from them. You may even want to invest in a hydraulic stuffer, check these out. RAY

I had a 20lb meat stuffer from Cabela’s...broke it...then a 30lb...and just broke that one. Obviously, the ones fron Cabela’s aren’t made to actually be used. Can anyone recommend a solid meat stuffer? Mechanical is fine. We generally do about 100lbs every three months into meat sticks. summer sausage, brats and breakfast links.
No problems with my LEM 20 pound motorized stuffer.

Yes if it happened doing sticks, the big stuffers are not very accommodating. Just to much pressure for the little tube. We bent the shaft and broke a couple splines doing that many years ago. Adding more moisture does help a bit.
Like my LEM #5 for sticks.

Spend the money and get a " Dicks" stuffer and don't look back. The old Enterprise stuffers are still around and they were made in the good old US of A but they are hard to crank compared to a 2 speed stuffer. All those stuffers that were already mentioned are made in China so you get what you pay for.... Just saying...

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky