Meat on a stick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Had an interesting lunchroom conversation at work today. One of my employees was talking about some old-world Italian recipe that consisted of the organs from a young milk-fed goat that are chopped up into a meatball, skewered, wrapped in its intestines and grilled over an open flame.

The initial thought was a little perplexing, but then I realized that you could probably convince me to eat just about anything if you put it on a stick and grill it over an open flame.

Reactions: jcam222
Don't know about an Italian version but the Greek Kokoretsi (Kokoreci), Lamb or Goat Offal wrapped in Caulfat and Intestine on a Rotisserie is an Easter Tradition. Made well it's very good, if you are into Offal...JJ

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB and S-met
Don't know about an Italian version but the Greek Kokoretsi (Kokoreci), Lamb or Goat Offal wrapped in Caulfat and Intestine on a Rotisserie is an Easter Tradition. Made well it's very good, if you are into Offal...JJ
Kokoretsi is amazing. I have a cousin who lived in Greece for a while and married a Greek man. There was a little taverna in his hometown where they made it and I could not get enough. It was where they held their wedding reception and that was quite a party. I've never found it in the states and not sure I'll look for it. I'll save it for the day I go back to Greece.

I've not seen Kokoretsi at any of the Greek Church Festivals I've been to but I would imagine in heavily populated Greek neighborhoods, there is a Cafe or restaurant that offers it, at least at Eastern time. Of course, the Ingredients come with the purchase of a Spring Lamb if you wish to try it. Spit Lamb Parties are as much fun as a Pig Roast and cook faster...JJ

Reactions: S-met
When my cousin and her husband moved back here they would throw a Greek Easter party every year and the lamb on a spit was always a feature. One of those parties is where I first tried lamb brains. Interesting flavor and texture that I'd be alright not having again. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky