• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Meat load

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 21, 2012
Smoked a meatloaf and potatoes for supper. Started with beef/pork mix along with diced up serrano, diced sweet pepper, green onions and garlice. Put some dry thyme, mexican orageno, cumin and coriander in the mix with bread crumbs. Put in pan and into MES30 for 2 1/2 hours at 250F. Potatoes were coated with EVOO and kosher salt and put in as well. At about 2 hrs started fire in barrel grill. Once hot enough, I put meatloaf on indirect and potatoes down at edge of coals.

Finished internal temp of 200. Made up a bbq sauce recipe we like and din-din was ready. There was just enough for the three of us with a small portion for sandwiches for tomorrow.

Attachments

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
looks delicous, hope ya saved a little for a samich tomorrow!

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2017
Love smoked meatloaf! I’m with smokerjim, them next day sandwiches are great.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Nice work on that meatloaf. I agree on the sammiches

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Meat load might be the most perfect typo I have ever seen. Your seasoning mix sounds delish.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Like, Love smoked meat loaf or load.
Happy to read someone else that appreciates Mexican oregano.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good looking meatloaf!
Actually I planned on making one tomorrow.
Nice work!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I expected a lot more Meat on this Thread, but the Meatloaf looks Really Great !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.