Meat from Costco?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i heard that Sam's basically pulled out of Puget Sound.
You need all the help possible on inflated fuel prices.
My last fuel on Saturday for premium was more than what I pay in town.
Filled up yesterday, regular $3.19 gal. Not great, but it's the best around here. Of course, most of it is taxes.
Stupid state claims that during COVID, many fewer people were driving, so they weren't getting the tax revenue they should have. Their solution? Raise the taxes, of course. :emoji_tired_face:

Reactions: mlk18
Im a Costco member also. I tend to wait on prices to drop before buying. We have a large freezer. It pay to get to know the meat cutters there. I bought a full NY strip loin for dry aging, sliced NY strip was on sale for $6.99/lb. You can also get a price reduction if you are willing to buy it by the box. Box is anywhere from 40-60 lbs depending upon meat and cut. I call ahead and will ask whats on sale today.

RG

Local stores have their meat shipped in from ? You're lucky. I have a 100 mile round trip to get to kill locker.

We have 5-6 meat lockers within a 25 mile radius. Way more if you increase that to 100 miles. They all pretty much exist to process locally grown farm animals and game animals. Which is great, as long as you don't want specific cuts of prime beef. Then it gets really expensive really quick.

Reactions: johnb46804
We have 5-6 meat lockers within a 25 mile radius. Way more if you increase that to 100 miles. They all pretty much exist to process locally grown farm animals and game animals. Which is great, as long as you don't want specific cuts of prime beef. Then it gets really expensive really quick.
I have many chop shops in 25 mile drive. They only cut up shipped in carcass.
A meat shop in town processes hundreds of venison carcasses.
Expensive, but they do a good job, especially with sausage and meat sticks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky