Costco alternatives

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No BJ's wholesale in California. I looked them up online. I'd absolutely shop there if they ever come West.

Same here but they are opening up an ALDI here next month. I hear both bad and good about them and will wait and see what they have to offer.

Our Costco is great here. We have an Executive membership and spend enough to make it worth it. My wife mostly shops there since I hate the crowds. I do buy my gas there since we have the highest price of gas in the country. I just do it in the less busy hours because I hate long lines.

We have a Super Walmart close by that we spend most of our money on. They have a Sams club next door but we have never entered it. Maybe one day. They also have a lower priced gas station.

I have certain "Costco--only" purchases that determine when I go shopping there. Just got back. It was so crowded the nearest parking spot gave me about a nice 150-yard walk.

I'm a guy who tends to glance in other people's baskets, and I'm always amazed how some folks go to Costco to only pick up a few common items, usually less than a dozen. Maybe I'll be that guy when they build one 5 mins away, but now I only go when absolutely necessary.

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
We have both Costco and Sam's and use which one is available. What most people knows is that government controlled substances can be bought in either store without a membership. That means you can go into a Costco and buy your booze or meds , pay their price without a membership. The store might not know that fact so you might have to indoctrinate the store as to federal laws.

What most people knows is that government controlled substances can be bought in either store without a membership. That means you can go into a Costco and buy your booze or meds , pay their price without a membership. The store might not know that fact so you might have to indoctrinate the store as to federal laws.
Knew that about prescription medications.
I didn't know that also applied to booze since the Feds turned that control back to the states in the passing of the 21st Amendment to the Constitution.

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
I didn't know that also applied to booze since the Feds turned that control back to the states in the passing of the 21st Amendment to the Constitution.
BTW:
My heathplan is $2 copay on prescriptions.
Wife’s health plan not so good so she often uses Good RX.
It’s been amazing savings.
App driven on her cellphone. Real simple.

True, but booze does have a federal tax stamp on it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky