MCS hit and SV was the result....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bytor

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 16, 2020
Well, I finally took the plunge and bought an Inkbird. This model looked to be pretty good and has some decent power behind it. I figure if it's like some of my other Inkbird stuff, it should be good. The packaging of the unit was very sturdy and easy to figure out. I like the fact that I can use either the unit, or the app to control it. Once I got it I set it up at 150F and also put in a temp probe to double check the accuracy and it was spot on. The unit is pretty big, I'm not sure how it compares size-wise to others out there, but for $85 I figured I couldn't go wrong.

SV1.jpg

SV2.jpg

SV3.jpg

SV5.jpg

I had my DOT running opposite of it just to be sure all was well, since this is my first SV. Spot on the whole time.

So, the first cook with this was three chicken breasts. I've done a bunch of reading on these both here and other places and went with 148F for 3 hours. Afterwards, I dried them off, I just used SPOG to the bag before their bath, and tossed onto a screaming hot flat top for some sear.
SV4.jpg

The next time, I will toss on my grill for a little more searing. I didn't want to go overboard in the sear, but they could have used a little more. However, these were some of the most tender and juiciest breasts I have had. Texture was melt in your mouth without being mushy or stringy.

SV6.jpg

I will have to get a bigger container, if I will be cooking larger portions, as it was a little tight in the pot. I have a chuckie in the fridge that I think will be the next cook with this.

Sorry for all of the photos, just wanted to share the addiction...

Cheers!

Congrats on a very good purchase. Don't forget to try a steak in it as well I usually do 2-2.5 hours at 130 for around 1 1/4" thick Porterhouses then do the sear

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Well, I finally took the plunge and bought an Inkbird. This model looked to be pretty good and has some decent power behind it. I figure if it's like some of my other Inkbird stuff, it should be good. The packaging of the unit was very sturdy and easy to figure out. I like the fact that I can use either the unit, or the app to control it. Once I got it I set it up at 150F and also put in a temp probe to double check the accuracy and it was spot on. The unit is pretty big, I'm not sure how it compares size-wise to others out there, but for $85 I figured I couldn't go wrong.

View attachment 511491
View attachment 511492
View attachment 511493
View attachment 511494
I had my DOT running opposite of it just to be sure all was well, since this is my first SV. Spot on the whole time.

So, the first cook with this was three chicken breasts. I've done a bunch of reading on these both here and other places and went with 148F for 3 hours. Afterwards, I dried them off, I just used SPOG to the bag before their bath, and tossed onto a screaming hot flat top for some sear.
View attachment 511495

The next time, I will toss on my grill for a little more searing. I didn't want to go overboard in the sear, but they could have used a little more. However, these were some of the most tender and juiciest breasts I have had. Texture was melt in your mouth without being mushy or stringy.

View attachment 511496
I will have to get a bigger container, if I will be cooking larger portions, as it was a little tight in the pot. I have a chuckie in the fridge that I think will be the next cook with this.

Sorry for all of the photos, just wanted to share the addiction...

Cheers!
congrats on the new toy. I love my IBBQ-4T

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky