Mb560 first cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Alrighty then... food coma. I'll try and do a formal review when I get time and my eyes arent' sagging.
Let me just say that this smoker/grill is titties and beer. I've only got a few "nit-pickies". This thing is as close to set it and forget it as you can get with real charcoal and wood. Even my wife commented that a 5.5 hr cook and i was was not in and out of the patio like with the stick burner or even the "egg"/kamado. I put my #inkbird probe at grid level on the level of the ribs. if you're familiar with the graphing feature, that's the second image.. rock solid temps throughout. More later, but two thumbs up.
nappy time
IMG-3212.jpg
IMG-3211.PNG
IMG-3211.PNG

Very nice yes these things are very user friendly. I oly did a few things to mine.
1. I got 2 full size shelves for level 2 and 3.
2. I put flat rope gasket and rutland high temp sealer on fire doors and lava lok on the lid.
3. I bypassed the switches.
4. I stuff some tinfoil in the back slit to close up 80% of it.

I had mine for about 3 years and it's chuging along with no issues. Gonna do st louis and baked beans in a ci under em for the sb.

PS
I use an inkbird also an IBBQ 4t love it. My instant is a thermopro

Very nice yes these things are very user friendly. I oly did a few things to mine.
1. I got 2 full size shelves for level 2 and 3.
2. I put flat rope gasket and rutland high temp sealer on fire doors and lava lok on the lid.
3. I bypassed the switches.
4. I stuff some tinfoil in the back slit to close up 80% of it.

I had mine for about 3 years and it's chuging along with no issues. Gonna do st louis and baked beans in a ci under em for the sb.

PS
I use an inkbird also an IBBQ 4t love it. My instant is a thermopro
i am going to order two more shelves. did find some bigger than what comes with ? it's no big deal, and cant think of why one wider shelf would be better, but i'm not known for thinking outside the box sometime
thank you

i've really got to start pulling out sooner (pun intended) I am a hard headed old coot that still does the 3-2-1 method , cause Jess told me to, and I'd probably jump off a cliff if she requested :emoji_laughing:
I was tickled with the bark too, probably from the ACV/ apple juice spritz on the first stage. Myron would have messed his drawers if he saw me trying to lift those off with bones falling out .

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky