• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MB 560 impressive

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
I'm really impressed by what I've read about them so far.
Gary

Chasdev

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Which/what upgrades?
I love mine but can't figure out how to grill steaks/burgers..

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
Have been torn between the versatility and flavor of these vs the spotty quality issues and mods needed out of the box.

The most popular/needed is the stainless fire pit liner, followed by drip shield over the manifold ... depending what model there are mods to vent, supporting fire grate, ash pan, etc.

LSS-mods site is pretty popular, there are others.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Don't worry about upgrades when you first start with the GF's. It will cook perfectly well. Do your homework on any of the upgrades. If you use your grill once a week, don't worry about the firebox upgrade. IF you used it 3-4 times a week consistently, you might consider it.​
The manifold cover would be the first thing to consider. It has lips on it to direct the dripping grease away from entering the manifold and starting a grease fire..
I have ended up with going crazy with mine. Fireboard controller, firebox mod, manifold mod. But that's me. I had great food coming off of it before I started doing that.
But, if you can't figure out how to grill steaks and burgers, that should be your primary concern.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2011
Which/what upgrades?
I love mine but can't figure out how to grill steaks/burgers..
I use my 560 just like my old gas grill for burgers and steaks. Set the temp and it is a charcoal grill that maintains it's temp very accurately. Or throw some wood cunks in the gravity hopper and it turns into a smoker.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.