MB 560 impressive

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DPB

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 7, 2018
Olympic peninsula
Just got put together impressed with the speed it heats up.

Attachments

• 1B50DBB3-030A-43D1-BE56-FA4CEA3EB259.jpeg
    1B50DBB3-030A-43D1-BE56-FA4CEA3EB259.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 6EEC1EB2-341D-46EF-8092-5AC1B6A2CBE5.jpeg
    6EEC1EB2-341D-46EF-8092-5AC1B6A2CBE5.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Which/what upgrades?
I love mine but can't figure out how to grill steaks/burgers..

Have been torn between the versatility and flavor of these vs the spotty quality issues and mods needed out of the box.

The most popular/needed is the stainless fire pit liner, followed by drip shield over the manifold ... depending what model there are mods to vent, supporting fire grate, ash pan, etc.

LSS-mods site is pretty popular, there are others.

Don't worry about upgrades when you first start with the GF's. It will cook perfectly well. Do your homework on any of the upgrades. If you use your grill once a week, don't worry about the firebox upgrade. IF you used it 3-4 times a week consistently, you might consider it.​
The manifold cover would be the first thing to consider. It has lips on it to direct the dripping grease away from entering the manifold and starting a grease fire..
I have ended up with going crazy with mine. Fireboard controller, firebox mod, manifold mod. But that's me. I had great food coming off of it before I started doing that.
But, if you can't figure out how to grill steaks and burgers, that should be your primary concern.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Which/what upgrades?
I love mine but can't figure out how to grill steaks/burgers..
I use my 560 just like my old gas grill for burgers and steaks. Set the temp and it is a charcoal grill that maintains it's temp very accurately. Or throw some wood cunks in the gravity hopper and it turns into a smoker.

Reactions: HEMAN
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky