MB 30 Not Getting up to temps

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lunchboxfl

Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
I got a hand me down MB 30 smoker from my brother years ago. This past weekend when I used it, it would only get to about 225 according to my thermometer, but the MB thought it was well above 275 and would no get to the 265 that I was looking for. Any suggestions on what to do or a better smoker that I should look at getting? I want something good, but also do not want to break the bank and prefer something electric. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Could be the control head, I may be wrong also. If it is and you really like the MES replace the control unit with a PID and keep on trucking. Also a lot cheaper than a new smoker.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
PID takes place of the control unit on your MES and are more accurate and have better control than your MES controller. A lot of folks like the Auber pid. There seems to be a consistently good word on this one on here

Reactions: lunchboxfl
you can check your connections behind back panel and see if they're good, sometimes they rust and break.

If there was just a way to get the control temp probe where you want it in these MES think they would control better. Air flow seems to make a big difference. If I run with nothing in it runs about right. After adding things temp changes some times a lot but if you put a probe right next to the control probe it reads about same. Think they need a convection fan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky