Maverick et-732

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Using my maverick for the first time today. I love the range like everything about it. The only one thing I don't like is my probe will not fit throw my eyelet's so have to go throw top vent or under the lid.

Smoke-N-Dave. Tapatalk iPhone

I used mine for the first time yesterday and enjoyed being able to see the temp and time.Good luck

worthless.gif

I wouldn't say worthless I like it a lot. The range on it is real impressive.

[quote name="The Dude Abides" url="/forum/thread/104555/maverick-et-732#post_608465"]
Can you just drill a bigger eyelet?
[/quote]

I was thinking that I will have to play with it some. It's on a wsm think I got the eyelet at guru.

I have those same eyelets and I was thinking of getting a Maverick. I wonder if BBQ Guru is aware of this problem? I have 3 different brands of temp probes and they all fit through the eyelets.

Thanks for the feedback Dave, I 'll  be going to the 732 as soon as I can find some extra money.

Just tried mine last night.

Funny that the temp settings start at 174° I think 120° would have been better.

It is definitely a nice unit and worth every penny.

Here is a few pics

43f21002-f754-0c58.jpg

43f21002-f76e-fa64.jpg

as you can see it will not pass throw.. :devil:

Last edited:
Time out here boyz,

the lowest temp it reads is 174°? or am i reading this wrong?
Sorry about the misleading statement, let me clarify;

When you go to set your minimum and maximum temps you can only go up from 174° you have to cycle past the highest setting and back through the lowest setting.

Like some clocks if you need to adjust the time from 2pm to 1pm, you cant go backwards you have to go the long way, got it?

Its not a big deal but was curious why 174°?

Thanks SQWIB, but  you just confused me more.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Let me ask it this way.

If I want to monitor smoker temps for sausage making will the 732 read 100° F and up to 200° ?

Thanks. Dan

Thanks SQWIB, but  you just confused me more.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Let me ask it this way.

If I want to monitor smoker temps for sausage making will the 732 read 100° F and up to 200° ?

Thanks. Dan
setting HI maximum Barbecue temperature.. The maximum barbecue temperature range is 140F - 572F and the default setting is 176F

Setting Lo minimum barbecue temperature.. Temperature range is 32F - 554F and the default setting is 50F..

Hope this helps ya
icon14.gif

I asked the same questions from my rep at Maverick, and that's just the way it was designed.

That said, once you set your Hi/Lo settings, they are saved in the memory for the next time.

Minor PITA considering all the improvements over the ET-73!!

Todd

I just got finished using my ET 7. This thing keeps losing its comm after @ 20 min. Then I have to go out and reset the thing , then it might work for another 10 min. Has this problem been corrected with the 732? If so I'll have to break down and get one.

I have only used my ET 732 about three times.  I have had no communication problems once it is originally synchronized.  Range is very good. On and off switch has been improved.  In my limited experience, it works fine and shows none of the problems commonly associated with the old ET 73.  Do not, use the belt clip feature on the receiver.  The belt clip will come apart and dump your receiver on the floor!  Other than that, this ET 732 is the unit I have been waiting for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky