Maverick ET-732 Low Temp Warning Maxes Out @ 175deg?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ostrichsak

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Is this right?  This seems really low for a max for minimum temp when I can set the maximum alarm to somewhere in the 500 or 600's (I forget where but it's REALLY high).  Since eletric smokers are consistent it would seem that the ability to keep a more accurate temperature could necessitate the need for a higher max on the low end.  In other words, I throw a shoulder in at night and would like to get my temp settled at 225deg and then set my high at 250deg and low at 200deg.  This seems ideal to my inexperienced mind but this somewhat expensive device for what it is comes 50deg short of that which seems rather lame IMO.  

What are other's thoughts on this?

On my 732 the low temp max goes up to 300 degrees.  If yours wont call Maverick support.

Stan
You're right.  I just checked again and it went up just fine past 175deg.  Weird.  I have it set at 200deg now and it seemed to save it and everything seems good to go.  I know that it stopped at 175deg the first time though and wouldn't let me adjust it past that which I thought was unusual.  Thanks for the post!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky