Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel Catches On Fire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokernewbie101

Original poster
Feb 27, 2017

This is REALLY DANGEROUS and a FIRE HAZARD!!!

Imagine sitting in your backyard relaxing and then you look over and your meat smoker is a ball of orange flames and the paint is burning off in THICK BLACK TOXIC SMOKE

Well...it happened to us on the EIGHTH TIME of using this smoker it CAUGHT ON FIRE. At least I was sitting there to stop the fire.

It seems that the sheetmetal floor of the unit gets hot and buckles down and then the pipe connection between the propane valve and the burner opens and leaks propane and the propane catches the unit on fire.

THIS IS A HORRIBLE DESIGN AND A SAFETY HAZARD and thankfully my children did not get burned.

Of course the unit is out of their weak 90 day warranty.

Last edited:

If you haven't contacted Masterbuilt, I would, warranty period or not.  Manufacturers don't want the bad press. 
yeahthat.gif

I would definitely call them & tell them about it.

They might want it shipped to them at their cost, so they can look at the problem!!

Bear

Interesting. This thread is 3 years old... but I just had this exact same thing happen to me. Same pics and flames and all. I am out of warranty but suppose I will call Masterbuilt and see what they say. I have no problem producing reviews about this design problem which is extremely dangerous. Like the original poster, I am relieved I was out in the backyard to see this happen. It could have gone very badly otherwise..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky