Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I see the wifi but never the bluetooth. It seems to be working fine at the moment.
It appears to connect when I have it do so and when I push the connect button after an open door. I'm assuming the bluetooth is doing it's thing?

Does this sound normal or typical?

Last edited:
My first advice get the mb cover I got both the grill and the cover from mb and had 0 damage . Shipment with thru estes and a contract driver for finally deliver curbside.

Watch the screws to the handle or u will drop em in the lid trust us we almost all did it LOL. Foil top firebox lid. Silicone the rubber firebox gaskets or add rope like some of us have done. I did lavalock on the front where the lid drops and it has worked fine. Season and burn off per instruction manual use alot of high temp canola oil to season. Feel free to seal joints with high temp sealer. Mine smoked a bit for the fist few cooks but settled down nicely. Lumps good in the hopper and wifi bt can be kinda buggy,

Any questions just ask us theres a bunch of us with 560 here now.View attachment 431455
I did drop them in the lid. Then my buddy showed me the inserts to prevent this. Gotta find some screws so I can use the lid!

So I made a post on this yesterday but figured I’d add it to this thread, but I am having a huge temp swing from the left to the right side of the 560 to the point the much thicker end of my spare ribs came out fall off the bone while the thinner end was very under cooked. That has to be a hell of a temp difference for the thicker side to cook that much faster. I used the top rack too and temp at 260 with a water pan.

I also just found a reddit post with one guy saying there is a 100 degree difference from one side of the grill to the other. And several youtube videos showing this problem. I read this thread before buying and idk maybe I got a defective unit but this may be a fatal flaw in this grill. I will try again and see what happens.

So I made a post on this yesterday but figured I’d add it to this thread, but I am having a huge temp swing from the left to the right side of the 560 to the point the much thicker end of my spare ribs came out fall off the bone while the thinner end was very under cooked. That has to be a hell of a temp difference for the thicker side to cook that much faster. I used the top rack too and temp at 260 with a water pan.

I also just found a reddit post with one guy saying there is a 100 degree difference from one side of the grill to the other. And several youtube videos showing this problem. I read this thread before buying and idk maybe I got a defective unit but this may be a fatal flaw in this grill. I will try again and see what happens.

The left side is warmer but not 100 degrees in my experience. I’ve noticed 10 to 20 depending on what the fan is doing.
The water pan however, that will cause issues with temp. I’ve used a drip pan a couple times and it caused wild temp swings. No issues without it. I’ve been cooking weekly on this since January.

Reactions: Will Squared
The left side is warmer but not 100 degrees in my experience. I’ve noticed 10 to 20 depending on what the fan is doing.
The water pan however, that will cause issues with temp. I’ve used a drip pan a couple times and it caused wild temp swings. No issues without it. I’ve been cooking weekly on this since January.

I was wondering if the water pan had anything to do with it. I will try it without. Thanks for the tip! I also ordered the mod for the firebox, that youtube video of the so called “fire brick” behind the “shipping panels” is disturbing. If I can fix both these issues I‘d be like a kid at Christmas.

i don't know why, but i get errors all the time when trying to post. then it keeps the text even if you delete it and refresh the page.

Yeah, the water pan will definately effect heat distribution, either use a smaller one or slide the pan to the left so it forces more of the air to go around to the right.

guess it's not liking smileys at all.

boat dolly gave me another idea. Attach a tongue to the frame on the caster wheel side. Maybe even add a wench.

now that's a mod!

Have any of you had any success getting any support from Masterbuilt Customer Service?
I've spent the past two weeks trying to get someone to work with. Their agent tells me by email I must first register before she will help me. I had registered and actually had received an email welcoming me to Masterbuilt. Attempts to re-register fail because their system says I'm already registered. I informed the agent of this and she still persist in telling me I must be registered for her service. This is rediculous.

Where did you see that? I looked it up but can’t find any info on the mod warping.

Been on several Facebook Masterbuilt groups. Just because the insert fits tightly when installed, doesn't mean it won't warp in some places due to high heat and allow air gaps between it and the factory heat shields. Stands to reason there would be moisture accumulation there

Have any of you had any success getting any support from Masterbuilt Customer Service?
I've spent the past two weeks trying to get someone to work with. Their agent tells me by email I must first register before she will help me. I had registered and actually had received an email welcoming me to Masterbuilt. Attempts to re-register fail because their system says I'm already registered. I informed the agent of this and she still persist in telling me I must be registered for her service. This is rediculous.
i just registered mine and put a customer service request in. received a case number back.

Been on several Facebook Masterbuilt groups. Just because the insert fits tightly when installed, doesn't mean it won't warp in some places due to high heat and allow air gaps between it and the factory heat shields. Stands to reason there would be moisture accumulation there

Interesting. Well at this point it might be better to take chance because that insulation does not look like it will hold up from repeated scraping of the charcoal. The current “shipping panels” aren’t air tight so if moisture is going to get in it will get in with the stock set up anyway.

Hi was wondering what everyone's experience has been with warping and rusting. I've read some reviews saying the charcoal chute area starting to rust after a few cooks.

Hi guys, any idea what cables the new Fireboard2 needs to work with the masterbuilt?

If it has the builtin Drive, all you need is a cable with a 2.5mm barrel plug on one end and a JST type connector on the other end for the fan. There's a bbq supply company that started selling a premade cable a couple of months after I made mine up

Reactions: lokshy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky