Masterbuilt Gravity Feed should I?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been watching clearance prices on the Masterbuilt Gravity Feed . There is a Walmart across from work that I usually get my stuff from this time of year. There is one downtown Dallas that just dropped theirs to $215. I hate to go that way when home is 60 miles north! I need another smoker like I need a hole in the head but I been missing the charcoal wood flavor.

Reactions: JLeonard
Tried going across the street and talking to someone but that was useless. It a 25 minute drive in the wrong way but sure am thinking about it. Wonder if will fit in car?

For $215!? That’s a no brainer for me. I got mine a little over 2 weeks ago as a gift. I’ve been enjoying it so far. Just did an overnight pulled pork smoke with no issues.

Reactions: JC in GB
Well it just went from 3 - 4 in stock to limited stock which usually means none in stock. Will just keep watching ones across from street.

I was looking at those Guru last night. Kinda of expensive.

Your right, but I’ve had my setup for about 9 years & have never even had to replace a probe wire. It has worked flawlessly every time I use it. You get what you pay for & if you go to any BBQ contests, you will see a lot of
guru controlled pits. I’m sure the newer models are even better than mine, and are probably pricier. But it is a really good unit.
Al

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Every fall they really drop prices but you have to be quick. Lot of times one person will buy all they have. Use Brickseek and it will check all the stores around that zip code.
I do check that quite frequently, our walmart never has anything when I hear of all these fantastic deals. But you are right,out of season they don't want to store them. Some are getting great deals.

I got mine for Christmas and have cooked briskets and chickens on it around 30 times since then.
No glitches what so ever, just great tasting meat and perfect temp control.
If set it at 300, it stays there all day...same for 250, 350, 375 etc..
Just a wonderful cooker, if you like wood smoke flavor in your meat that is.
My other cookers are gathering dust.

I got mine for Christmas and have cooked briskets and chickens on it around 30 times since then.
No glitches what so ever, just great tasting meat and perfect temp control.
If set it at 300, it stays there all day...same for 250, 350, 375 etc..
Just a wonderful cooker, if you like wood smoke flavor in your meat that is.
My other cookers are gathering dust.
Good to know. May try calling tomorrow to see if still have one. I think somebody probable bought them all when seen the price.

I wish they’d start marking down near me. I have a great friend that would love a charcoal unit like that. I’d grab it in a heartbeat for that price. I need to find the SKU for the big one and start checking Brickseek

Your right, but I’ve had my setup for about 9 years & have never even had to replace a probe wire. It has worked flawlessly every time I use it. You get what you pay for & if you go to any BBQ contests, you will see a lot of
guru controlled pits. I’m sure the newer models are even better than mine, and are probably pricier. But it is a really good unit.
Al
What you said starting to sink in. The WSM is so efficient on fuel and I think the Masterbuilt going to be a hog. I may have a line on a used Guru for $120.

On seasonal items like BBQ's, local Walmarts (perhaps others too) can decide to just sell their last few remaining items off at steep discounts rather than store them for another year. You can get some killer deals this way. But they don't last long, and they're decided store-by-store so you won't see them on walmart.com Hence web spiders like Brickseek or GoogleShopping won't report them. $215 is considerably less than half price. If you have any interest in it, I doubt you'll see that price again for a long time.

WSM is more efficient...it could save you $5 of charcoal per cook...but it can't sear a steak either.

Reactions: PPG1
On seasonal items like BBQ's, local Walmarts (perhaps others too) can decide to just sell their last few remaining items off at steep discounts rather than store them for another year. You can get some killer deals this way. But they don't last long, and they're decided store-by-store so you won't see them on walmart.com Hence web spiders like Brickseek or GoogleShopping won't report them. $215 is considerably less than half price. If you have any interest in it, I doubt you'll see that price again for a long time.

WSM is more efficient...it could save you $5 of charcoal per cook...but it can't sear a steak either.
What you describe happens for sure but I’ve found and bought many deals using Brickseek

Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky